Facebook is a popular Social Media app, and it introduces new features regularly. If you want to stay relevant, you must learn about these features. And such a feature is the “Featured Photo” section on Facebook. In this article, we are taking a look at how to add featured photos on Facebook.
At first glance, the Featured Photo section might not seem that important, but it is an excellent way to introduce yourself to your friends and acquaintances.
What is a featured photo on Facebook?
The Featured Photo section sits right below the About section on your Facebook profile.
The critical difference between the Featured Photo section and Facebook stories is that the latter one will expire after 24 hours, and featured Photos do not have an expiry duration.
You can have separate Featured Photo sections for your achievements, the countries you have visited, your graduation party, or the birth of your daughter.
Related : How to remove someone from Messenger?
How to add a featured photo using the Facebook app?
You can add Featured Photos using both the Facebook mobile app and the Facebook desktop site version.
First, let’s look at how to add featured photos on Facebook App.
· Locate the “Featured Photos” section. It should be right above the “Edit Public Details” section.
· Tap on a Collection, which is another name for the featured album.
· If you do not have any Collections, create one.
· Click on the “Add New” button located at the bottom right corner of your mobile screen.
· When you click on the “Add New” button, it will open the Gallery app on your smartphone.
· Select the photo you want to add to your collection.
· You can also upload images from the existing Facebook albums on your profile.
· Facebook supports Live Photos and short videos.
· When it is marked, select the “Next” button.
· Click “Save” when you are done.
Related : How to recover deleted Facebook account?
How to add featured photos from the Facebook site?
In this section, we learn How to add featured photos on the Facebook website.
1. Launch your web browser, and visit Facebook’s page.
2. From the right corner of your laptop screen, click on the Profile Button.
3. Now, scroll down on the panel situated on the left side of the screen. Stop when you see the option, “Edit Featured”.
4. Click on it, and pick the collection that you want to edit.
5. To add new pictures to the section, click on the “Add More” button.
6. To upload from your laptop, click on the “Upload Photos” option.
7. You can also select pictures from your Facebook profile page’s existing “Photo Albums”.
8. When done, click on the Save button.
Related : Why can’t I add someone on Facebook?
How to remove a featured photo?
We will now take a look at how to remove featured photos on Facebook.
· Launch your Web Browser, and visit Facebook’s login page.
· From the top right corner of the screen, select your Profile Photo.
· On the left-hand side of the screen, you will see the Featured Photos section.
· From there, select the “Edit Feature” section, and pick the “Collection” you want to edit.
· Deselect a photo that you want to remove from your Featured Photo Collection.
Related : How do you wave on Facebook?
How to change the featured photo on Facebook to only me?
To change featured photos on Facebook to Only Me, you need to first take them off your Facebook Stories and set their Privacy to Only Me. You can change the privacy from Facebook’s privacy settings.
How do I put featured photos on Facebook without collection?
If you want to add individual photos to Facebook’s Collection, you must create a Collection first.
After creating a Collection, how many Facebook images you want to upload on your profile, is up to you.
Is a featured photo different from an ordinary photo post?
Ordinary photos on Facebook do not stay at the top of your profile. As you post new pictures, the older pictures go to the bottom.
On the other hand, Facebook Feature Photos are usually located at the top of your profile.
Also, when you add new photos to the Featured Images section, they will not be posted on your wall. The same is true when you remove pictures from the Featured Photos section.
Can friends view your featured photo?
Yes, they can. If you have set the privacy to “Only Friends” then only your friends can view your featured photo. On the other hand, if you set your profile as “Public.”, other Facebook users on your list can see your Featured photos. If you have a public profile, everyone can look up your profile.
Where are featured photos located on your Facebook profile?
The Featured Photos section is located on the bottom left corner of your profile, just below your “About” section, and just above the News Feed section.
It usually lets users upload 9 photos, and each picture is located inside a square. The entire Featured Photos section takes up only a tiny portion of a user’s Facebook profile.
Are featured photos gone on Facebook?
The Featured Photos section on Facebook is introduced to let users highlight important photos on their accounts, and this feature is still active. However, it is not available in all geographic locations around the world.
Can you set the featured collection to friends only?
Yes, you can. To do so, simply change the privacy of the image from “Public”, to “Only Friends”.
Can I see who viewed my featured photo?
No, there isn’t. You can see who viewed your Featured stories though.
How long does Facebook’s featured photo last?
Unlike the Stories feature on Facebook, the Featured Photos section does not come with an expiration.
Can you add more than 5 featured photos on Facebook?
Yes, you can. Currently, the Featured Photos section on Facebook comes in a 3X3 photo grid, and this means users can add a total of 9 Featured Photos. After you upload pictures to the Featured Photos section, the image dimensions are kept intact.
Why can’t I add featured photos on Facebook?
Facebook does not offer the Featured Photos section to all geographic locations, and this might be one reason why you can’t add featured photos on Facebook.
You can learn more here – How to add featured photos on Facebook.s
Another reason might be that, in your location/country, Facebook offers the “Featured Stories”, also known as the “Story Highlights” section instead of the Featured Photo section.
In selected countries, the Facebook Features section is available for both regular, and Facebook business pages.
We hope you now know how to upload Facebook featured photos. Make your personal profile on Facebook stand out using Featured photos.
Before you go, don’t forget to check out the difference between Facebook message sent vs delivered