Factile is an online learning site that enables teachers to create fun Jeopardy-style games for students. The game can be played in the classroom or even during online classes.
Factile can be integrated into Google classroom. It is a great way to make online learning more engaging and fun.
Is Factile free?
Factile is free to use. However, they do have two paid versions for home/school or a business account.
The pro version has additional features like a buzzer, flash cards, images, videos, unlimited games, customised logo and more.
When to use Factile?
It can be used to test students when introducing new topics. Using fun quizzes teachers can make classroom discussions more engaging.
Students can be divided groups and using the pro account their devices can be used as a buzzer. They can enjoy the competition while learning something new in class.
It can also be used as part of ice breaker sessions in the classroom or team building exercise.
Teachers can generate multiple choice questions or play memory games with their students.
Factile is available in multiple languages including English, Spanish, German, Italian, Chinese, Arabic
- Print quizzes and answer key: You can print the quizzes and its answers
- Buzzer Mode: Convert your tablets, phones or computer into a buzzer button for engaging multiple player games
- Share games: Email or text your games and flashcards to students
- Images & videos: Add images and videos to your questions or answers to make the game more engaging
- Maths equations with Latex: Accurately format maths equation with latex
- Save games in progress: Save games so that you can come back to it on another day
- Double jeopardy: Play a sequential game with 2x the number of points per tile
- Remote screen sharing: Share games remotely to play the game across different locations
- Team mascot: Upload your own team mascot to make the game more fun
- Advanced editor: change fonts, colors, add tables, emojis and more
- Play 4 ways: Input your questions and answer as Factile jeopardy style
- Thousands of templates: Search from thousands of existing games and customize them to your liking.
- Google Classroom Interaction : Assign games and flashcards to your students using Google Classroom
How do you use Factile?
Go to the website and create an account.
Once you have logged in you can then start creating your own game.
Enter your own custom URL that you want to share with your students.
You can then start formating the game and incorporate the questions you want to ask your students.
You can even choose from the list of games they already have on their site. . All you need to do is present it to the class. You can choose from the following subjects.:
The next thing you need to do is to choose the type of game you want to play. For example, flash cards, multiple choise, or quiz bowl
Then select the number of teams for the game. The website allows you to choose up to 50 teams. However, the free version allows only up to 4 teams. To have more teams you will need to upgrade to the paid version.
Then select if you would like to have a buzzer option for the game. Buzzer mode lets teams buzz in to answer using a phone, tablet, or computer. This option is available on the paid version.
Now the screen will show the questions that you made and display the number of teams with the points at the bottom of the page.
Factile Buzzer Mode :
The buzzer mode allows teams to convert their phones or tablets into a buzzer when playing multiple player game.
It can be used on Android and IOS devices.
How to use it :
- Select “Play with buzzer mode” when you launch your game.
- Direct players to playfactile.com/join on their devices of choice.
- Have players enter your PIN to join the game! Then have fun!
The buzzer mode can also be used during remote learning. Just like in the classroom, students can join from home.
Students playing remotely see the game board on their computer, tablet, or smartphone while playing in Buzzer Mode
before you go don’t forget to check this out
made to help kids discover challenges with confidence.
packed with amazing worksheets, including ways to manage anxiety and helping children develop positive habits.