Writing prompts for adults can be a great source of inspiration for those facing writer’s block. It can also be used for self-reflection and self-discovery.
Writing is a good way to express thoughts and emotions that would otherwise be hard to explain.
The writing prompts for adults in this blog will you tap into your imagination. It can be used as part of your daily journal.
The adult writing prompts is divided into 5 categories as below :
- Relationship writing prompts for adults
- Career writing prompts
- Daily writing prompts for adults
- Imaginative & creative writing prompts
- Fiction writing prompts
Hope you enjoy the writing prompts for adults in this blog.
Relationship writing prompts for adults:
- What do you think love means?
- Have you ever been in love?
- Do you think it’s possible to live with someone without being in love?
- What makes you happy in a relationship?
- What do you look for in a partner?
- What does your dream date look like?
- What is the most fun thing about date night?
- Are you satisfied with your relationship status right now?
- Describe the moment you met your best friend.
- How do you feel about having children?
- Describe a time you helped a friend. How did it make you feel?
- What can you do to add happiness to your relationship?
- What do you think good communication means in a relationship?
- Who are your favorite people in the world? Describe why you like them?
- Describe a compliment you received recently?
- What are the qualities needed for a good friendship?
- Do you think it’s necessary to have a life partner?
- What does it mean to have a soul mate?
- Does happily ever after really last a lifetime?
- Do you think soul mates are real?
- What do you look for in a relationship?
- How does being in a relationship make you happier?
Career prompts :
- Are you satisfied with your current job?
- What are your long term goals?
- What makes you happy about your current job?
- If money was not an issue would you still be doing what you are doing right now?
- What is your dream career?
- What stops you from pursuing your dreams?
- What do you think would be a more fulfilling career for you?
- Do you think you are in the right job?
- What can you do to step up your professional life?
- What courses should you take to broaden your knowledge?
- What did you today to get you closer to your goals?
- Are you comfortable with your finances?
- Write down 3 things you like most about your job
- Write down 3 things you dislike about your job
- What could you have done better this week?
- What are you most proud of professionally?
- What does an ideal work-life balance look like for you?
- What is your biggest issue with your current workplace?
- What is your biggest fear in life?
Growth Mindset Questions For Kids :
Daily adult writing prompts:
- What made you happy today?
- Did someone make you smile?
- Were you kind to anyone today?
- What are you most grateful about today?
- Did you read or see anything that made you upset today?
- What is the best thing that happened today?
- What can you do to make today a better day?
- Did you do anything kind for yourself today?
- What have you learned today?
- Did you do anything to challenge yourself today?
- How did you nurture your soul?
- What did you struggle most with today?
- What can you do to add a dose of happiness to your day?
- What did you do today to feel healthy?
- What would your ideal day look like?
- What is the perfect weekend for you?
- How did you unwind today?
- What is the one thing you did today that made you feel proud?
don’t forget to check this out:
Imaginative writing prompts:
Complete the sentence below:
- I was walking home from work…….
- I wish…..
- I saw……
- I feel……..
- I saw a message in a bottle……
- My life was perfect until……..
- What if…
- I reflected on that day and…….
- I walked down the aisle but…………
- I am awesome in……….
- He should have known that……
- My close friend and I……
- We argued about…
- The food…..
- The weather…..
- I failed at …..
- I am working hard……..
- Dear future me……
- I try my best at……
- I focus on……..
- I was caught……..
More creative writing prompts :
- What is your best childhood memory?
- What do you dislike most about growing up?
- What do you miss the most about the house you grew up in?
- What did you imagine your life would be like when you were a small child?
- Do you think the world is a fair place?
- What are your biggest strengths?
- What is your biggest fear?
- How has your personality change since childhood?
- How do you deal with anxiety?
- What is your saddest memory?
- Write about places you visited that brings back positive memories.
- What is your morning routine like?
- What is your favorite toy as a child?
- What are the things you can’t live without?
- What do you value most in your life?
- What can you do to make your life more meaningful?
- How can you love yourself more today?
- Is there anything holding you back in life?
- How would you like to be remembered?
- How hard will it be for you to achieve your goals?
- What does your ideal life look like?
- Are the people in your life bringing positive or negative energy?
- What will you do once you retire?
- Do you love yourself?
- Are you living a life that you imagined?
- What sets your heart on fire?
- Do you deal with failure positively?
- What skills do you have that makes you unique?
- What are the small things in life that give you the best pleasure?
Fiction writing prompts:
- You woke up one morning in the opposite sex, what happens next?
- You are the first person to solve a global crisis. Describe how you did it?
- You are chosen to the first person to live on mars. Describe your experience.
- Everday you are given the opportunity to be visited by a celebrity. Who are the top 5 people you would like to see first?
- You woke up one morning and found yourself being a toddler again. What would you do differently in your life?
- Describe what the perfect world would look like?
- Describe a new invention that you created and changed people’s lives.
- The ocean turned into a sky. What happens next ?
- There is a zombie attack in your town. Describe what happens next.
don’t forget to check this out before you go
If you have enjoyed the writing prompts for adults, don’t forget to share it with your friends and family.