As more and more people gain knowledge of art, the borders of the art world are expanded. But some people understand art more than others. Do you think you are one of those people? Then this art trivia quiz would be an excellent way for you to test your expertise.
Whether you are a master of fine art or a beginner, this art quiz will challenge you in one way or another. The correct answers have also been provided for you to check your performance. As a master of the visual arts, you should have no trouble answering these questions. Good luck!
Arts trivia for kids
Getting kids interested in art early is integral to their art literacy journey. With this trivia game for kids, you can test their knowledge of the most famous artists and artworks. Once they have mastered the basics, then you can let them try a more challenging quiz.
- Who made the famous painting “Starry Night”? Vincent Van Gogh.
- Which famous painter made “The Last Supper”? Leonardo Da Vinci.
- What was the subject of the earliest known paintings from the prehistoric era? Animals.
- Where is the Museum of Modern Art located? New York, USA.
- What are the three primary colors? Red, Yellow, and Green.
- Who created The Red Vineyard painting? Vincent Van Gogh.
- What is the world’s most visited museum? The Louvre.
- What does the “Renaissance” mean in English? The Rebirth.
- Which abstract artist is famous for using the drip technique? Jackson Pollock.
- Is it true that Pablo Picasso was once blamed for stealing the Mona Lisa? Yes.
- What is a primary color? A color that cannot be made by mixing other colors together.
- Which shape is referred to as a perfect shape? A circle.
- Which shape is a point that does not end? A line.
- Where was the statue of liberty built? Paris, France.
- Where is the giant Sphynx located? Cairo, Egypt.
Art history quiz
Art history is as rich and exciting, and this arts trivia quiz will prove that. Knowledge of art history also proves that your understanding of art goes beyond the surface level. Are you confident in your knowledge? Then try to answer the questions below.
- What art movement is associated with Pablo Picasso? Cubism.
- Which type of art style or art movement is associated with Salvador Dalí? Surrealism.
- What art movement is associated with Andy Warhol? Pop Art.
- Who painted the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel? Michelangelo.
- Who painted the painting “The Girl With The Pearl Earring”? Johannes Vermeer.Who made the work of art “Saturn Devouring His Son”? Francisco Goya.
- Who was the Norwegian painter that was responsible for making “The Scream”? Edvard Munch.
- What contemporary American artist is known for sculpting balloon animals with stainless steel? Jeff Koons.
- Which Pop Artist made parodies inspired by comic strips? Roy Lichtenstein.
- What French painter is most associated with paintings of water lilies? Claude Monet.
- What famous painting+++++++++++++ depicts the fate of the French naval frigate Méduse? The Raft o+ the Medusa.
- Which Spanish painter is referred to as the last of the old masters? Francisco Goya.
- What was the period during which art competitions were part of the Olympics? 1912 and 1948.
- Which English artist and sculptor wrote the poem “The Tyga”? William Blake.
- Who are the four great artists are considered as the masters of the renaissance? Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo, and Raphael.
- American Gothic, a painting by Grant Wood, depicts a man and a woman. What is the relationship between these individuals? A farmer and his daughter.
Fun arts trivia
Although some people take art very seriously with various analyses and critiques, sometimes, we forget that art can be fun and quirky too. This arts trivia game captures that fun and interesting side of art. Are you an expert on all these artistic quirks and detours? Then check this arts trivia quiz out.
- What body part is Vincent Van Gogh famous for losing? His ear.
- Where is the Van Gogh Museum located? Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Which female artist is referred to as the “Grandmother of Performance Art”? Marina Abramović.
- What is the word for the Japanese art of flower arrangement? Ikebana.
- What is the word for the Japanese art of paper folding? Origami.
- What Belgian surrealist artist painted an image of a pipe accompanied with the words “This Is Not A Pipe”? René Magritte.
- Who was the French Sculptor that made “The Thinker”? Auguste Rodin.
- Who is regarded as the leader of the French Romantic School of art? Eugène Delacroix.
- Who is responsible for stealing the Mona Lisa from Paris and bringing it to Florence? Vincenzo Peruggia.
- Which artist is responsible for the creation of the painting “Broadway Boogie Woogie?” Piet Mondrian.
- How many times has the Mona Lisa been stolen? Less than 5 times.
- What does the Deco in Art Deco stand for? Decorative.
- What object did Picasso paint the most? Guitars.
- How old is the first known human work of art? About 100,00 years old.
- Art created on a digital platform is referred to as…? Digital art.
- In Greek mythology, who is the god of theatrical arts? Dionysius.
- Who is credited as the designer of the Eiffel Tower? Alexander Gustave Eiffel.
- What is the most read and most translated book in the world? The Bible.
- Which two mechanical media were invented in the era of modern art? Photography and motion pictures/film.
- During which world event did modern art enter America? World War 1.
Related: Star wars trivia questions
Easy arts trivia questions
If you are a casual art fan, then these easy arts trivia questions will be more of your groove. Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you do not need to think too hard to answer these questions. They involve all of our favorite artists and artworks. Dive in.
- Who created the Mona Lisa? Leonardo Da Vinci.
- Which Japanese female artist is commonly associated with the Beatles? Yoko Ono.
- Who is the most famous Mexican female painter known for her magic realist style? Frida Kahlo.
- Who made the realist painting Nighthawk? Edward Hopper.
- Who commissioned the most famous picture of Napoleon? The King of Spain.
- Is Painting an Olympic sport? No.
- What is the name of the building that art lovers visit to see art? An art gallery.
- Where is the US National Gallery of Art located? Washington DC.
- What device was MC Escher most notable for using in his art works? Optical illusions.
- What type of paint did Da Vinci use in making the Mona Lisa? Oil paint.
- What color do you get by mixing red and yellow? Orange.
- What color do you get by mixing red and blue? Violet.
- What color do you get by mixing blue and yellow? Green.
- How many gallons of paint does it take to repaint the white house? 570 Gallons.
- Who made the famous work of art “Sunflowers”? Vincent Van Gogh.
Fun art facts
Want to learn some really fun facts about art? Well, what better way to do that than to participate in this art trivia? Some of these facts you may know already. Others will completely blow your mind.
- La Danse was created by which French sculptor and artist? Henri Matisse.
- Joseph Géry Pieret is known for stealing which famous painting from the Louvre Museum? The Mona Lisa.
- The Birth of Venus was made by which painter? Sandro Botticelli.
- What is the earliest known human artwork? The Pigs in Ochre.
- What female American painter, known for her paintings of enlarged flowers, is called the “Mother of American Modernism”? Georgia O’Keeffe.
- Which Dutch painter is commonly credited with having invented oil paintings? Jan van Eyck.
- Which French sculptor created “The Waltz” and “The Mature Age”? Camille Claudel.
- Pablo Picasso’s daughter, Paloma Picasso, is known for making jewelry designs for which company? Tiffany & Co.
- Who made the painting “The Night Watch”? Rembrandt.
- Which artist made a famous acrylic painting comprising only of soup cans? Andy Warhol.
- Which of Da Vinci’s paintings was used for target practice by Napoleon’s soldiers? The Last Supper.
- What is the appropriate art term for color? Hue.
- What does the Pop in Pop Art stand for? Popular.
- Which European city is referred to as the city of art? Athens, Greece.
- Which artist is the subject of the movie “At Eternity’s Gate” starring Willem Dafoe? Vincent Van Gogh.
- What is the name of the point in an artwork towards which all lines converge? The vanishing point.
We hope you enjoyed the art trivia questions above. Could you answer most of them? Comment in the box below.