Fall is a beautiful season. It is that time of the year where the heat of summer ends and the cool breeze begins, it is a season of love and self-care. Many people like to spend the fall season outdoors, enjoying the colorful leaves and blooming flowers. The fall writing prompts in this blog will help you and your kids reflect on this beautiful season.
As season change and days goes by, it is hard to find a moment to reflect on some good things that happen during a particular season. The fall writing prompts below will help tap into your child’s emotions and imagination during this season.
Fall can also be a season of deep emotions since it is associated with colorful leaves, shorter days, Halloween, and the start of winter. It is also a season of gratitude and reflection as the year is coming to an end.
The fall writing prompts below are a great way your child can reflect on their achievements in the last few months and their goals before the year ends.
Related : 120 daily writing prompts
Fall writing prompts :
- What do you like most about the fall season?
2. What is your favorite activity during the fall season?
3. How does the smell of rain make you feel?
4. As the days become shorter how does it affect your mood?
5. Write a poem about orange and red leaves.
6. As the weather becomes colder, the days become shorter, and leaves change colors, how does it make you feel?
7. What are some fun outdoor activities that you would like to do this autumn?
8. What form of self-care activities do you enjoy most during the autumn season?
9. As the year is coming to an end, what are some of your biggest achievements this year?
10. Is there anything else you would like to achieve in the next few months before the year ends?
11. Have you met all the goals you set for yourself at the beginning of the year?
12. Write about your favorite autumn memory. What were you doing? Who were you with? What was so special about that moment?
13. Carry a piece of paper with you outdoors for the next 30 minutes. Then write down everything that you can smell and see. How did it make you feel?
14. What is your favorite fall color? Is it green, yellow, orange or red?
15. Halloween falls in the autumn season. What would you like to dress as for Halloween this year?
16. Write about why the leaves that change colors during the fall season.
17. Pick a country that you would like to visit in the next autumn season. Why would you like to visit this country? Why is this country so special during the autumn season?
Check out these creative writing prompts for kids
18. If you can start a new autumn family tradition, what would you be doing?
19. Research on what other countries do during the fall season. Is there any particular celebration in that country?
20. Create a fall picture that you can see from your window.
21. How do fewer hours of daylight make you feel?
22. What do you dislike most about the autumn season?
23. If you are to spend an autumn season with just one person, who would you spend it with? Why would you like to spend the autumn season with this person? Are there any activities that you would like to do with this person?
24. Now that winter will be approaching soon after the autumn season, how does it make you feel?
25. What type of fashion clothing do you like most during the fall season?
Check out Personalised Growth mindset kit for children
26. Imagine that you collected a large pile of leaves, you jumped on them and it took you to a different world. Where did you go? Who were you with?
27. If you can spend this fall season doing something special, what would you like to do?
28. Describe what your neighborhood looks like during the autumn season.
More autumn writing prompts:
29. What type of flowers do you see normally growing during the autumn season?
30. Choose three words that you would associate autumn with. Write a short story using those three words.
31. When do you think of the fall season what images come to mind? Can you write a story about it?
Fall writing prompt for 8th grade & middle school
32. Write a story about a magical pumpkin that came to life during the fall season.
33. Think about the sound of leaves and wind when you are walking. Write a poem about it.
34. If you can change one bad habit in this fall season, what would you change?
35. If you can start one positive habit during this autumn season, what would you start?
36. Take a photo with your phone that captures the best fall image.
37. What’s on your fall bucket list?
38. Create a list of happy things she would like to do this fall season.
39. Describe what a perfect fall weekend looks like to you.
40. What are some scary movies you like to watch every Halloween?
41. Describe what the first frost of the season feels like to you.
42. If you can spend this autumn season creating bonfires with people that are close to you who would you like to do it with?
43. What is the worst part of the autumn season?
44. How does this fall season differ from all others in the previous years?
45. Write down a list of movies you would like to watch this fall season
46. Create a list of songs that reminds you of the calmness of the autumn season.
Fall writing prompts for 1st grade
47. As fall starts, what would you miss most about the summer month?
48. Write down some fruit and vegetables that grow during the fall season.
49. If you can plan a fall festival, what kind of festival would you organize? Describe some of the activities during the festival and the food you would serve.
50. If you can choose one color that all the leaves change to during the fall season, what color would you choose? Why do you choose this color?
51. What animals do you normally see appearing more during the autumn season?
52. Write down some favorite food you would like to eat during rainy days?
53. As the weather gets colder during the autumn season, what are some of your favorite indoor activities?
Complete the sentence
54. In the autumn I see……
55. In the autumn I hear…..
56. In the autumn I smell……..
57. In the autumn I feel…..
58. I went for a walk one autumn evening and I witnessed…….
59. If I were a farmer during the autumn season, I would ………
60. If there is one thing I can change about fall season, it would be……….
We hope you have enjoyed the fun fall writing prompts above.
Before you go don’t forget to get the Personalised Growth mindset kit for children