Journaling is a great way to keep yourself motivated and improve your self-esteem. You can use journaling as therapy or spark some creativity in your life. You can use the inspirational journal quotes below to reflect on your thoughts.
Journaling is a great way to get to know yourself better, and it can also help you feel more confident in your abilities. If you want to improve as a writer, journaling is one of the best ways.
The key is that it should be done with intention and purpose. If you’re not doing anything special for your journal (such as choosing quotes), then you’re not doing anything special for yourself!
Inspirational Journal Quotes
Here are some fantastic and inspirational journal quotes:
- “Make each day your masterpiece” – John Wooden
- “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream” – C.S. Lewis
- “One day or day one. You decide.”
- “If you can dream it, you can do it.” – Walt Disney
- “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.” – Henry Ford
- “Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.” – Babe Ruth
- “Champions keep playing until they get it right.” – Billie Jean King
- “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain
- “What we fear doing most is usually what we most need to do.” – Tim Ferris
- “The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand
- “Life is a journey, not a destination.”
- “Don’t get off the path to success. You can never know if you’re on the right path until you’ve tried every road.”
- “You must be the change you wish to see in this world.”
- “Your life is your message.”
- “If you want something done right, do it yourself.”
- “You are here only once. Make it count.”
- “The greatness of a man is not measured by what he does but by what he refuses to do.”
- “If you want to find the secrets of success, start by thinking about what makes you miserable.”
- “I believe that if you want something enough and are willing to work for it, you can accomplish anything.”
- “It’s not what happens to us, but how we react to it that matters.”
- “We are all born with a blessing and a curse—the blessing is our ability to learn, and the curse is our inability to forget.”
- “If one person can change your life for the better, then that is success.”
- “Success is often achieved through people who never set out to achieve it.”
- “Success is not an accident; it requires planning, perseverance, and hard work.”
- “I believe that all things are possible if you have faith in yourself and know what you want in life.”
- “Don’t try so hard… just do it!”
- “I’m not a victim, I’m a winner.”
- “It’s not what happens to you that defines you, it’s what you do with what happens.”
- “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.”
- “The only thing that makes life worth living is the challenge of living it.”
- “If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again.”
- “Never doubt your ability to change the world.”
- “Don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t do something because they don’t understand how hard it is for us to do it.”
- “Sometimes we have to go back and dig up the past in order to learn from it.”
- “You’ve got this!”
Motivational Journal Quotes
There are many different ways to use motivational journal quotes. You can place them in your journal or write them on a piece of paper and keep them in your pocket or purse. If you want to use the quotes as part of one of your goals for the month, then make sure that it is something that would be fun and exciting for you!
If any specific quotes inspire you, maybe they will help motivate you throughout the day so that when times get tough later on down the road (like when life gets tough), then at least now when things get hard those words might come back into play again as an inspiration tool!
You can use inspirational journal quotes like the ones below:
- “You can’t wish yourself to be great.” – Jack Canfield
- “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” – Harriet Tubman
- “All I know is that when I get going, there’s no stopping me.” – Jackie Kennedy
- “There’s no such thing as a small problem, only small people.” – Walt Kelly
- “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese Proverb
- “A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.” – Lao Tzu
- “It’s not what you do so much as how you do it that counts.”- Henry Ford
- “I will work harder and smarter than others in order to achieve my goals.” -Michael Jordan
- “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great. – John D. Rockefeller”
- “The only limits to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.” – Helen Keller
- You’re never too old to set a new goal or to dream a new dream. – John Wooden
- Every problem has a solution. It’s just a matter of looking for it. – Albert Einstein
- The only way to do great work is to love what you do – Steve Jobs
- “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13
- “Don’t be afraid. You’re not alone.” Philippians 4:6
- “Be encouraged, my friend, because I’m here with you.” 2 Corinthians 1:3
- “Let us rejoice and give thanks, because God has done great things for us to be happy.” Colossians 1:7
- “We are not left alone in our struggle, but we have a great God who holds us tightly in his arms.” Hebrews 13:5
- “When you go through hard times, remember that when it gets hard—it’s only getting harder.” Romans 5:3
- “Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” Philippians 4:6-7“There is nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come.” – Victor Hugo
- “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” – Lao Tzu
- “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
- “No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it’s not the same river and he’s not the same man.”- Heraclitus
- “It’s not what you do that determines your destiny. It’s what you overcome.” – John Burroughs
- “It takes courage to make a mistake; but it takes courage to recover from one too.” – Winston Churchill
Related : 101 growth mindset quotes
Quotes About Writing
Journaling is writing in your journal every day! You write about whatever comes into your mind, whether that’s how you felt when someone called or what happened at school today (or yesterday). If any feelings come up when writing about something else later on in life, these will also be written down!
Writing is an integral part of our lives—it helps us express ourselves through words and experience new things with others who share similar interests.
Here are some quotes about writing for your journal:
- “Writing is thinking, hard.” -Kathryn Stockett
- “Writing is not a luxury, it’s a necessity.” –Stephen King
- “Writing isn’t always the answer. Sometimes it’s the question.” -Ernest Hemingway
- “Every person who continues to write after he has become famous has done so because he was a fool to begin with.” -Robert Benchley
- Writing is a process, not an event.
- Write what you know and the world will beat a path to your door.
- Write your own rules for writing, because only you have the authority to write them.
- Write what you don’t know; write what’s in your soul.
- “Writing is like dancing. If you don’t have a partner, you might as well not even try.”
- “Write out of the pain, not out of the joy.”
- “The only way to overcome writer’s block is to write.”
- “If you do not know where to start, start with where you are now and keep moving forward until you reach your goal.”
- “A good beginning is half the battle won.”
- “Always begin your work with a plan and end with a plan.”
Where to place the journal quotes in your journal?
We’re not saying you should slap these quotes in the front of your journal and call it a day. You can certainly use them to inspire you, but we recommend putting them elsewhere.
It can be at the beginning of each new section. This way, when you look at your page and see one of these quotes, it will be like inspiration is already there for you to share with others!
Or you can also place the inspirational journal quotes in the back of your journal where all those other inspirational tidbits are kept (we have a lot).
The last thing anyone wants when writing or reading is to be overwhelmed by information—so make sure everything’s easy for readers’ eyes to scan over quickly!
The place where you place your journal quotes is up to you.
You can place them in the front of your journal, the back, or even both!
If you want them to be unique, I recommend putting them in a separate notebook and writing out the quote on its own page before putting it into your main book.
It will give it an extra touch and make it more unique than if all of your quotes were mixed like they were printed on one page (or two).
Related : 101 self-confidence quotes
Hopefully, we’ve given you some inspirational journal quotes and other content to add to your next journal.
Remember that it’s essential to keep in mind the personal nature of your journal, so don’t feel like you need these exact quotes all the time!
Personalizing each one will make them more memorable and meaningful for everyone who reads them.