We have compiled a list of 4th grade writing prompts to encourage children to express their thoughts creatively.
Writing is a powerful activity for children, it allows them to reflect on their emotions.
The 4th-grade writing prompts compiled are designed to help children discover themselves.
The questions will get them thinking about their identity, their likes, and dislikes.
We made this 4th grade writing prompt to be fun and exciting to keep children engaged.
Parents can also this writing prompts to encourage children to write at home.
It is a great way to practice spelling and handwriting while doing something fun.
Fun 4th grade writing prompts:
- Write 3 words that best describe you the best
2. Who did you help today? What did you do to help that person
3. What made you laugh today?
4.If there is something you can change about your school, what would it be?
5.What do you love most about your family?
6.What do you like most about studying online?
7.Do you think online learning is working out for you? What would you change about it?
8.What do you like most about spending time at home?
9.Three things you miss most about going to school.
10.If you can disappear for a day, where would you go?
11.The one person that inspires you the most?1
12. If you can be a leader of a country, what would you change about your country?
13.What are the qualities that make a good friend?
14.Have you ever fought for something you believe in? What was it?
15.If you can invent your own video game, what would the game be about?
16.What is the hardest part about growing up?
17.What is the one thing you miss most about being a small child?
18.If you can spend the weekend building something, what would you build?
19.What do you see yourself doing 5 years from now?
Writing prompts that get 4th-graders thinking hard:
20. List 3 things that makes you a good friend
21.If you can write your own book, what would the book be about?
22. Have you read a book you dislike recently? What was it? What did you not like about the book? How would you change the story of the book?
23.Can you write feedback to the author of a book you read recently? What would you say to him/her?
24. Have you ever wrote a card for someone? How did the person react?
25. What do you think is the best thing that happened to the world since the start of the Coronavirus?
25. Write a short story about your grandparents. What do you love most about them?
26. Was there something you did recently that did not turn out well? How can you improve for the next time?
27. What is your favorite way of relaxing?
28. What would you do if you had an unlimited amount of money?
Creative writing prompts for 4th-graders:
29. Write down 3 ways you can be more helpful at home
30. If you can be an actor in a movie, which movie would you like to act in? What do you like most about the movie.
31. Describe what a perfect day looks like to you
32. I was sitting in a rocket and then……… complete the story
33. What is your greatest talent
34.What is your biggest wish in life?
35. things you are grateful about in your life
36. What is your favorite style of dressing up?
37.If you can choose the uniform you can wear to school, what would it be?
38. Your favorite Youtube channel? Why do you like this channel? Is there anything bad about this channel?
39. What do you like most about your best friend?
40. What is your biggest achievement?
41. If you can go on holiday and take just one person with you, who will you take?
42. What do you want to be when you grow up?
43. how would you like to change the world?
44. Who is your favorite person in the whole wide world?
45. If you can have a superpower, what power would it be? How can you use the power to make the world a better place?
44. If you are a scientist, what would be the craziest invention you would make?
46. Do you think we will have flying cars in the future?
47. What would happen if the policeman is being replaced by robots?
48. What difference would you like to see in this world?
49. All the animals ran out of the zoo……… complete the story
23 More writing prompts:
50. Imagine you are moving to a new school, how would you feel? Do you have any friend that has just moved to your school? What can you do to make him/her feel welcome?
51. You are going to spend the weekend camping in the mountains, you can only carry 10 items. What would you carry?
51. If you can be a character in a Disney movie, who would you be?
52. Describe a situation when you had to be a grown-up in your home
53. Have you ever volunteered? How did it make you feel?
54. If you can do something to raise money for a good cause, what would you do?
55. If you can donate your money, where will you donate it to?
Related : 75 Writing Prompts For Kids :
56. I went to a museum and got locked for a night…….describe what happens next…
57. If Dinosaurs were still alive, how would the world look like?
58. Who in your family has the best job?
59. What is the best job in the world?
60. What is your favorite month of the year? why?
61. If you can have anything for your birthday, what would you wish for?
62. Imagine your favorite cartoon character appearing on your Zoom call, what did he say to you?
63. What would you do if your friend has betrayed your trust? Will you forgive him/her?
64. Have you accidentally shared your friend’s secret with someone else? Did you apologise for doing it?
65. Write down 5 things you want to accomplish before you turn 15
66. If you can be the principal of your school for just one day, how would you run the school?
67. The most important lesson learned since the start of the coronavirus?
68. How has the coronavirus changed your family?
69. If you can change one rule in your home, what would it be?
70. Imagine if you are the parent for one-day, how will the day look like?
71. Make a card for your grandparents, what can you write to bring a smile to their face.
We hope you enjoyed the 4th-grade writing prompts above.
Before you go, don’t forget to check out these quarantine writing prompts for kids.