We have compiled a list of 303 fun questions for kids to get to them to talk about their feelings. But before that let’s go through what happens in a kid’s mind from toddler to the preteen years.
When your kid was a toddler you would sometimes secretly wish he would stop asking you questions. But as they grow up they go through a list of emotions.
That talkative toddler may now seem a little quieter and share less with you. Sometimes you ever wonder what your kids are thinking.
It can get even more frustrating when all their answer is just rounded to “good” when you ask them about their day.
The problem lies not in the lack of interest your child has in sharing with you. But it is about the questions being asked.
Asking the right questions is the most important parenting tool. If we spend some time asking questions rather than telling our kids off we can learn so much about them.
However, saying that some kids can find it hard to express their feelings in words even with the right questions.
Helping them draw out their day, or pick from a list of words or be prompted by the right questions can open up a whole new discussion.
In this blog we will go through fun questions for kids that will help you get to know them better.
The fun questions for kids below will also help them express their emotions and start talking about their day.
We have divided the fun questions for kids into several categories, as below :
- Questions for kids age 4 – 8 years old
- Questions for kids age 9-15 years old
- Questions for kids age 15+
- Daily fun questions for kids ( all ages)
- Questions to ask your kids to ask about school
- Fun questions to ask your kids after a play date
- Questions to ask your kids before giving them a smartphone
- Movie and entertainment-based questions
- Would you rather questions
- Internet & social media questions
- Funny questions for kids
- Religious-based questions.
Fun Questions for kids (Age 4 – 8 years old)
- What do you like most about today?
2. What do you like most about today?
3. What is your favorite color?
4.What is your favorite meal?
5. Who is your best friend?
6. Who is your favorite cartoon character?
7. If your toy can talk, what will they say?
8. Who do you want a cuddle from right now?
9. If you can get anything in the world, what would you ask for?
10. If you woke up a superhero, what will your powers be?
11. What is your favorite TV show??
12. What do you want to be when you grow up?
13. What is your favorite nursery rhyme?
14. Would you rather sleep in the dark alone or visit a haunted house for a few minutes?
15. What are your favorite ice cream flavors?
16. Name 2 people you admire the most
17. What is your favorite book?
18. Who makes you laugh?
19. What do you enjoy doing the most?
20. What does a perfect day look like to you?
21. If you can be an animal, what animal would you be?
22. What is your favorite vegetable?
23. If you can be a parent for one day, what will you on that day?
24. Is there anyone you would like to say sorry to today? Why?
25. Is there anyone you would like to say thank you to today?
26. If you can create a new holiday, what will you name it?
27. What is your favorite month of the year?
28. Which is your favorite holiday season?
29. If you can rename yourself, what would you call yourself?
30. What do you like most about your room?
Growth Mindset Questions For Kids :
Fun Questions for kids (age 9 – 14 years old):
31. What do you like most about studying online?
32. What do you miss about going to school?
33. If you can be a teacher for one day, what subject would you teach?
34. What is the hardest thing about growing up?
35. What is your favorite day of the week?
36. Did anything upset your day?
37. What do you like most about your best friend?
38. What do you enjoy daydreaming about?
39. What do you see yourself doing 10 years from now?
40. Have you done anything challenging recently?
41. What scared you the most?
42. What are the things you enjoy doing that helps you relax?
43. What stresses you out the most?
44. What is the grossest thing you have ever tried??
45. Do you wish smartphone was never invented?
46. What do you enjoy doing with your friends?
47. What are you most proud of?
48. Have you done something that you are embarrassed about? What was it?
49. If you are awarded a noble peace prize, what cause would it be for??
50. Why do you think you are awesome?
51. What is your greatest talent?
Don’t forget to check out this fun Trivia quiz for kids
Questions for children ( age 15 and above)
52. What is the hardest part about being a teenager?
53. What do you not like about social media?
54. Do you think people are more connected because of the internet?
55. If you can reinvent Google, how will you do it?
56. Are you scared to post something because you will be judged for it?
57. Have you posted anything and then delete it because no one liked it?
58. If there was a road trip you enjoyed the most, where did you go? Who was with you? Why was it so much fun?
59. Have you ever stood up against a bully?
60 .Is cyberbullying the same as physical bullying?
61. What is the best thing about growing up?
62. If you will not be judged to do something, what will you do?
63. If you can support a cause or charity, who will you support? Why is this important to you?
64. If you can solve one problem in the world what would you like to solve?
65. Are you affected by what people say about you?
66. What do you do to unwind or relax?
67. How do you handle stress?
68. What is your favorite movie?
69. What do you like to do for fun?
70. How important is family to you?
71. What are your thoughts on marriage?
72. Who inspires you the most?
73. What do you think are the characters of a good friend?
74. Do you think you are doing your best to achieve your goals?
75. What was your favorite thing that you can’t live without as a child??
76. Are you afraid of failing?
77. What is your favorite childhood memory?
78. What do you miss the most about being a child?
79. What is your goal for this year?
Check out these creative writing prompts for kids
Daily questions to ask your child ( for all ages) :
80. What is the best thing that happened today?
81. Did anything upset you today?
82. What made you laugh today?
83. Who were you kind to today?
84. What was the funniest thing you saw today?
85. Is there anyone you would like to say thank you to today?
86. Is there anyone you would like to say sorry to today?
87. Did you do anything hard today? Great! What did you do to overcome that challenge?
88. Did you ask for help from anyone today?
89. If you can change something about today what would it be?
90. Do you think you had a good day?
91. Did you learn anything new today?
92. Did anything happen today that made you feel uncomfortable?
93. Did you read or see anything that confused you today?
94. Who are you most happy to see today?
95. What did you do today to relax?
96. Did you do anything nice for yourself today?
97. Name 2 things you love about today.
98. Who made you smile today?
99. What are you most grateful about today?
100. Did you exercise today?
101. Did anything happen today that made you feel worried?
Check out Personalised Growth mindset kit for children
Fun questions for kids about school
102. 3 things you love about your day
103. What is the funniest thing that happened today?
104. Who were you kind to today?
105. What is the most fun school project you have ever done?
106. Did anything upset you?
107. What new fact did you learn today?
108. The one thing that made you feel like a genius today?
109. The subject that was boring to you today?
110. Did anything challenge you today?
111. If you can be a teacher, how would you run your class?
112. Did anyone break any rules in class today? How did you feel about that?
113. Who is your favorite teacher?
114. Is there anyone you are not friends with in class?
115. Which subject was the hardest for you?
116. Which subject did you enjoy the most?
117. What would you like to change about your school?
118. Do you ever feel left out?
119. Any kids using smartphones in class?
120. Did anyone show you anything that upset you using their phone?
121. Did anyone got bullied today?
122. What is the most popular thing to do during lunch break?
123. Who is the best teacher?
124. How would you rate your day using a scale from 1 to 10?
You can use the printables below to help your child deal with any anxiety they may be facing in their daily life or at school.
Fun questions for kids after a play date
125. What was the most fun thing that happened today?
126. What did you eat? Who cooked the food?
127. Did anyone use their phone?
128. What was the funniest thing that happened?
129. Were you ever alone or felt scared? Did anything upset you?
130. What was the coolest thing that happened at the sleepover?
131. If you could have a sleepover who wouldn’t you invite? Why?
132. Did you make new friends?
psst, you can use the list of emotions chart below to help your kids express their feelings.
Questions to ask before giving your child screen time at home
133. Have you completed your homework?
134. Have you spent some time outdoors with friends or family?
135. Have you gotten your afternoon nap?
136. What do you plan to do online? Find out what they are interested in.
Questions to ask before giving your child a smartphone
137. Do you get enough sleep at night?
138. Do you do your chores without being told?
139. Do you understand the meaning of being kind online?
140. Do you speak openly to someone you trust about issues you might be facing?
141. Do you have a strong sense of self-control and emoti0ns?
142. Are you ok with us knowing your passwords?
143. Are you ok with us monitoring your online activities?
You can use the printables below and help your child to start loving themselves again.
Fun Questions for kids to get to know them
144. If you can change your name, what would it be? Why?
145. If you are a millionaire how would spend that money?
146. What do you dream about becoming?
147. The one place you would like to visit or travel?
148. What does love mean to you?
149. If you can change this world, what would you change?
150. If you can change your life, what would you change?
151. If there is one place you can be at right now, where would that be?
152. If you can write a book, what would write about?
153. If you are to live on a private island with just 5 things, what will you take?
154. If there is 1 person you can take with you on a holiday, who will you take?
155. If there is 1 food you can eat every day, what would be that food?
156. If you can be a professional sportsperson, what sport would you choose?
157. The one musical instrument you wish you can play?
Check out the easy trivia questions below
Fun questions for kids that are personal:
158. What is your favorite smell??
159. What is your biggest strength?
160. What is your favorite activity to do with the whole family?
161. What is your favorite food?
162. What is your favorite cereal?
163. If you can be a famous writer, what kind of book would you like to be known for?
164. Name 3 things that scare you the most.
165. If you have to choose just one person to talk to for the rest of your life, who would you choose?
166. What is your favorite holiday season?
167. Can you play a musical instrument?
168. How do you like your eggs?
169. What is your favorite song?
170. Describe what a perfect day looks like to you.
171. How many pillows do you sleep with?
172. What new rules would you like to introduce at the dinner table?
173. Who is the funniest person you have ever met?
174. What do you enjoy playing on family game night?
175. Do you have a hidden talent?
176. What are your hobbies?
177. What does your dream house look like?
178. If you can master a language, what language would you want to master?
179. Where is the favorite place you have ever traveled?
180. How would you spend a million dollars?
181. If you could live in one place forever, where would you live?
Check out the open-ended questions for kids below:
182. If you can give every person in the world a gift, what would you give?
183. When was the last time you tried a new food?
184. If you can grow up to become famous, what would you want to be famous for?
185. What do you do when you cannot sleep at night?
186. If you can have one superpower, what would it be?
186. What will you do once you retire?
187. What is your favorite farm animal?
188. What bad habits do you wish you did not have?
189. What is the best gift you have ever received?
190. What is your all-time favorite book?
191. Would you prefer to go to the forest or to the beach for a holiday?
Related: Check out The Awesome Adventure Journal
192. What is your favorite theme park?
193. If you take part in the Olympic games, which sport would you specialize in?
194. What is your favorite dessert?
195. If you have to eat one food for one year, what will you eat?
196. Do you prefer salty or sweet things?
197. What is one thing you love doing?
198. What is your favorite subject in school?
199. If you can be a teacher for one day, what subject would you like to teach?
200. What is the naughtiest thing you have ever done?
201. What is the worst advice your parents have ever told you?
202. What is the best compliment you have ever received?
203. What is the nicest thing someone has ever done for you?
204. What is the first flower you have ever planted?
205. Who is your hero, why?
206. What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
207. What is your most treasured item?
208. What do you see yourself doing once you are older?
209. What did you have at your last meal?
210. What is your favorite season?
211. What house chores do you hate doing?
212. What is the last new year resolution you made?
213. What is an embarrassing story you can share?
214. Describe yourself in 3 words
215. What makes you unique?
216. What is the funniest joke you have ever heard?
217. What is the worst joke someone has ever told you?
218. Would you rather stay in a luxurious hotel or go camping?
219. What is your favorite childhood memory?
Movie and entertainment-based fun questions for kids
220. Who is your favorite Sesame Street character?
221. Who is your favorite Harry Potter character?
222. Who is your favorite Disney character?
223. What is your all-time favorite Halloween movie?
224. If you can be like someone famous, who would you want to be like?
225. What TV shows/Cartoons do you like to watch?
226. If you can meet a fictional character, who would you like to meet?
227. Who is your favorite actor and actress?
228. If you can spend the day with someone famous, who would you spend the day with?
229. Can you rewrite the story of Snow White?
Internet and social media questions
230. Which social media platform do you use the most?
231. Which social media platform do you hate the most?
232. How does social media make you feel?
233. What is the funniest viral video have you seen lately?
234. What is the funniest post that has come on your newsfeed?
235. Do you trust social media companies?
236. If you can have your own YouTube channel, what would you call it?
237. If you can spend the day with a famous influencer, who would you spend the day with?
238. Which influencer do you think every child should follow?
239. Would you rather be a famous sportsperson or a social media influencer?
240. What is your favorite video game?
241. Do you think video games make people more violent?
242. What do you like to do most on the internet?
243. Do you think the internet is a scary place?
244. What do you think a world without Google looks like?
245. What do you like most about the internet?
Dont forget….THE GROWTH MINDSET KIT to encourage children to share kindness with others
246. What is your favorite sport?
247. Who is your favorite sports player?
248. If you can master one sport, what would it be?
249. If you can meet a famous sportsperson, who would you want to meet?
250. If you can change the rule of one sport, what would it be?
251. If you can watch one famous sports event live, what would you want to watch?
252. What sport do you like to watch on TV?
Have you ever?
253. Get to know friends by asking them ” Have you ever…”
254. lied for a friend?
255. Wake up in the middle of the night?
256. Make a meal for your family?
257. Go camping by yourself?
258. Invented your own holiday?
259. Created a robot?
260. Met a famous person?
261. Sold something online?
262. Cheated on a test?
263. Cried watching a movie?
264. Been afraid of a Halloween costume?
Growth Mindset Questions For Kids :
Would you rather questions?
Find out the personality of friends by giving them 2 options of the answer. Start the question with “Would you rather…” then add one of the questions below :
265. Be able to fly or be invisible?
266. Take over the world or create a new world?
267. Be a detective or a pilot?
268. Be able to sing or dance?
269. Be an amazing artist or singer?
270. Be a wizard or a superhero?
271. Be a famous TV person or an author?
272. Eat rotten tomatoes or lick dirty shoes?
273. Be super funny or a genius?
278. Swim with dolphins or hop with a kangaroo?
279. Eat the same food every day or wear the same clothes everyday?
Funny questions for kids:
280. If you can be a pizza, what pizza would you be?
281. If you are the sweetest candy, how will you avoid being eaten?
282. If you can fly for a day, where would you go?
283. Would you rather live in a house made of chocolates or burger?
284. If you can have an unlimited supply of one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
285. If you have to wear one colored shirt everyday, what color would you choose?
286. What will you do if you knew the world is ending in 3 months?
287. There is a zombie apocalypse soon, who are the 3 people you would choose to run away with?
288. You are given 25 hours a day, what will you do with the extra house?
289. If you are a vegetable, what vegetable would you rather be?
Don’t forget to check this out
Religion Question For Kids:
290. Do you think God exists?
291. What does heaven look like?
292. What does God look like?
293. Does God have a gender?
294. How many religions are there in the world?
295. Do all religions teach the same thing?
296. Does everyone have the right to choose their own religion?
Asking the right questions is very important because we get to know our child’s likes and dislikes. Especially for younger children who find it hard to express their thoughts.
Hence, the fun questions for kids in this blog are very specific. It is meant to help children and teenagers express their feelings and talk about their emotions.
We hope you have enjoyed the list of fun questions for kids above.
Before you go, don’t forget to check out the growth-mindset kit aimed at raising children growing in a tech world.