Positive affirmations, we all need it. I use them personally, and I use it with my family on a daily basis. Positive affirmations for kids can be a great way to remove negative self-talk and instill happy thoughts in young children.
By using the right sentences we can enhance their well-being, boost their self-confidence and encourage positive thoughts.
Positive affirmations can also improve mental health & inspire a growth mindset attitude.
However, when we think of affirmation we tend to think of ourselves speaking in front of a mirror and repeating things to ourselves. That can be dull and no child wants to stand in front of a mirror watching you speak to them.
Instead, positive affirmations should be used in daily conversations with your children.
Before we go into 101 positive affirmations for kids, let’s look into how you can use daily affirmations with your children to make this a fun activity in your home.
We will also dive deeper into the benefits of positive affirmations for kids.
Related : Morning affirmations for kids
Importance of positive affirmations for kids:
Positive thinking can be a powerful tool that will help improve mental health and provide children with the ability to negate negative thoughts.
It is a great way to relieve stress and instill positive thoughts in young as well as older children.
Using positive phrases as part of your child’s daily routine can be a source of inner strength for your child.
The positive beliefs that you instill in your child can help them make good choices and form part of their belief systems until they are adults.
Using positive words your child will have better control of their emotions and will begin to think more positively about any given situation.
It will encourage positive-self talk and remove those nagging voices in their mind.
Don’t forget….THE GROWTH MINDSET KIT aims at helping children realize how special they are.
Creative ways to encourage kids to do positive affirmations:
1. Positive Affirmations starts from home
Take some time during the day to look into your child and let them know that they are loved. For instance, before bedtime, you can say “I love you and you are amazing”.
You should also recognize your child’s unique strength and whenever possible point that out to your child. For instance, if they are good at drawing you can tell them “You draw like Picasso, am sure you can be a great artist if you keep practicing.”
Such statements can increase their self-confidence and develop a positive inner-voice.
Don’t forget to check out the growth-mindset kit made to help kids find their purpose
Also, don’t forget to always give your child a hug and kiss whenever you can. Make this a conscious effort. Physical touch can relieve stress and anxiety for you and your child.
You can also use the positive affirmation list below to remind your children how amazing they are. It is basically a form of positive self-talk.
It is best to print the positive affirmations for kids below and hang it somewhere that they can see every day. For example, their bedroom.
Encourage your child to stand in front of the mirror every single day and pick one positive affirmation they would like to say to themselves for that day
2. Create a positive affirmations checklist.
To help your child develop creative thinking and resilience you can create an affirmation checklist.
Use the printables below, or even take a paper and map out what your child wants to achieve.
Divide their goals into different categories. For instance, their goals and values when it comes to family, relationships, academic, life. etc
Having it in writing in front of them can help them shape who they want to become and how to achieve all those goals.
In your writing include the following :
- Positive things about themselves
- Things they cannot do but want to learn
- Their goals
Goal setting can result in positive changes in your child especially when reinforced with positive affirmations.
3. Create a wealth of kindness
To help remove negativity, you can create a list of kindness and goodness for your child.
For this activity you can print out the Kindness printable files (over 159 pages of growth mindset activities):
Follow the steps below:
- Print out the printables and create an A5 folder
- Write down the Kind things they did recently
- Print out the “Thank You” letter page and get them to write a letter to someone they care about.
- Print out the “Giving Back To Others” page and list out 3 kind things they did recently
- Then get them to fill out the “I Love Me” page.
- I love me because…I am Kind
- I love me because..” I am funny
- I love me because..”I am a good child
In the “I Love Me” page you can even help them write about they were being kind or funny.
This could be a fun activity for the family and even for classmates. It is a great chance to recognize each other’s strengths and appreciation.
You can display this page in your classroom or even at home.
All these activities will give your child the affirmation that they are loved and they are special in their own unique way. In their subconscious mind, they start forming positive thought patterns.
Dont forget….THE GROWTH MINDSET KIT to encourage children to share kindness with others
4. Learn from the best
Every child will need positive role models growing up.
Role models can start with people closer to home, for example, parents, teachers, and other family members.
Role models can also extend to other people. For example, inspiring celebrities, authors, artists, etc.
Reading stories about famous people and their determination to succeed despite their struggles can inspire your child to believe in themselves when they are going through a hard time.
It will give them great ideas on how to come up with creative solutions to any problem they are facing.
Don’t forget to check out the famous failure stories.
A growth mindset involves helping children recognize that failure is part of the journey. Failure is something NOT to be ashamed of.
In fact, all the greatest minds have gone through some form of failure before achieving success.
You can print out the Famous Failure Kit ( part of the printables) and help your kids understand that it is about resilience and the ability to learn from mistakes.
Using the kit to teach your child about empathy. Being kind to people during their hardest moments. Your kid can even find themselves relating to some of the difficult feelings others go through.
101 daily positive affirmations for kids :
You will be surprised by how using the list of affirmations below as part of your child’s daily routine will immediately alter the negative comments your child have about themselves to a positive one.
- I am the best version of myself
2. There is a solution to every problem I face
3. I am a kind and amazing person
4. I will become a leader
5. It’s ok to make mistakes
6. It’s ok to be me
7. Challenges help me grow
8. Today is going to be awesome
9. I am strong enough to be confident
10. I am in control of my own happiness
11. It’s ok to not have the answer to everything
12. I believe in myself
13. I can achieve my dreams and goals
14. My family and friends love me
15. Today is going to be a positive day
16. I can get through anything
17. I will achieve anything I want as long as I put my mind into it
18. I am proud of myself
19. I deserve to be happy
20. I can make a difference in this world
21. I am unique in my own ways
21. I am loved
22. I am free to make my own decisions
23. I can be whoever I want to be
24. I will face my fears
25. Today is my day
26. I am worthy of love
Related: Children anxiety guide.
Check out the anxiety kit below to help children talk about their feelings
27. I am capable of great things
28. I am not a burden
29. I am allowed to be me
30. Wonderful things happen to kind people
31. It’s normal to not be perfect
32. I will take baby steps towards progress
33. I will ask for help when I need it
34. It’s ok to make mistakes
35. It’s normal to not be perfect
36. Everyone’s journey is different
37. Kindness is free
38. Having alone time is good for my soul
39. I am born different
40. I can get through anything
41. Practice makes me perfect
42. I don’t give up
43. I am a fighter
44. I am ready to fail
45. I surround myself with positive people
46. I deserve happiness
47. My success will come over time
48. I will practice patience
49.I will take every chance that comes in front of me
50. I am ready to work hard
51. I will shine wherever I go
52. I will get through today
53. I will take one step at a time
Related : Affirmations for self-confidence
54. I am in control of my emotions
55. I am born smart
56. I am awesome
57. I will start a new chapter in my life
58. Every day is a different day with different experiences
59. I will learn from my failures
60. I trust myself
61. I trust my decisions
62. My happiness is in my hands
63. I am beautiful the way I am
64. I am working on my future
65. I am preparing myself for the future
66. My opinion matter
67. I should voice my concerns
68. I am not worried about what others think of me
69. The sky is my limit
Check out the growth mindset kit below to help children talk about their feelings
70. Everything will be just fine
71. I will use my voice to do good in this world
72. I will spread kindness
73. I will share my happiness with others
74. I am born a leader
75. I am working on myself
76. It’s ok to have a bad day
77. I listen to my heart
78. I am safe
79. I am confident
80. I am thankful
81. I trust my abilities
82. It is all in my mind
83. Every day is a new learning day
84. I am a learner
85. I am a kind friend
86. I am a good sibling
87. I am a great child
88. Life is fun
89. Wonderful things happen to me
90. I like to challenge myself
91. I am peaceful
92. I spread joy
93. I believe in miracles
94. I reach for the stars
95. I am forgiving
96. I am persistent
97. I enjoy discovering new things
98. I am thankful
99. I trust myself
100. I am important
101. I am blessed.
Use the list of positive statements above every single day. Make it part of your child’s daily routine to say something positive about themselves every day. You will notice the positive changes in your child and not forgetting instilling a positive attitude from a young age.
Was this helpful?
Good job! Please give your positive feedback
How could we improve this post? Please Help us.