This is a fun and easy ladybug crafts for kids during spring time or just whenever your child is learning about bugs or insects.
Your child is guaranteed to have lots of fun with the ladybug craft below.
Simple ladybug crafts for kids
1. Ladybug on leaf craft for kids
- Marker pen/Crayons
Take a piece of green colored paper and draw an outline of a leaf
Cut the paper to make a shape of a leaf and add some branches to it
Step 3 :
Create the shapes below to make the ladybug
Step 4 :
Stick them on the leaf and add some googly eyes to it
2. Folded Ladybug
- Red coloured paper
- Black coloured paper
Step 1: Prepare the Paper
- Choose your construction paper: red and black for the ladybug
Step 2: Make the Ladybug’s Body
- On the red construction paper, draw a round shape for the ladybug’s body.
- Cut out the red circle.
Step 3: Add Spots and Head
- Cut out small circles from the black paper for the ladybug’s spots.
- Also cut a smaller circle for the head.
- For legs, cut out six thin strips from the black paper
3. Happy lady bug
- Red and black construction paper
- Scissors (to be used by adults or under adult supervision)
- A pencil
Step 1: Cut Out the Ladybug’s Body
- On the red construction paper, draw a large circle for the ladybug’s body.
- Carefully cut out the circle.
Step 2: Create the Spots and Head
- On the black paper, draw several small circles for the spots and a slightly larger circle for the head.
- Cut out the circles.
Step 3: Make the Legs
- Cut out six thin strips from the black paper for the ladybug’s legs.
Step 4: Assemble Your Ladybug
- Glue the black spots onto the red circle to create the ladybug’s body.
- Glue the black circle onto one edge of the red circle for the head.
- Attach the legs to the sides of the body, three on each side.
4. Ladybug rock painting
- Smooth rocks or pebbles, preferably flat
- Red and black paint
- Small paintbrushes
- White paint or a white marker (for the eyes)
- A container for water
- Paper towels
Step 1: Clean the Rock
- Start by washing your rock with soap and water to remove any dirt or debris.
- Dry it thoroughly with a paper towel.
Step 2: Paint the Rock Red
- Cover the entire rock with red paint using your paintbrush.
- Allow the paint to dry completely. You may need to apply a second coat for a vibrant color.
Step 3: Add Black Spots
- Once the red paint is dry, dip a smaller brush in black paint to add spots on the back of your ladybug.
- Space the spots out randomly for a more natural look.
Step 4: Paint the Head
- Use black paint to add a small semi-circle at one end of the rock for the ladybug’s head.
- Let the paint dry before proceeding to the next step.
Step 5: Add the Eyes
- With a small brush or a white marker, add two small white dots on the head for the eyes.
- Once the white paint is dry, you can add smaller black dots in the center of the white to complete the eyes, or simply leave them white.
We hope you enjoyed this simple and fun ladybug craft activity for kids. Let us know what your kids thought about it in the comment below.
Safety tips for children
1. Choose the Right Scissors
- Use scissors that are appropriate for your age and skill level. Kids should use child-safe scissors with rounded tips and a comfortable grip.
2. Cut in a Safe Direction
- Always cut away from your body and fingers. Ensure your other hand is holding the material being cut and is always a safe distance from the scissors’ path.
3. Use Scissors on a Stable Surface
- Sit down at a table or desk while using scissors. Cutting while standing or moving around can lead to accidents.
4. Focus on What You’re Doing
- Pay attention while using scissors. Don’t look away from your cutting task, and never use scissors while walking or running.
Related: Easy paper hair craft for kids
Was this helpful?
Good job! Please give your positive feedback
How could we improve this post? Please Help us.