Below is some fun fourth grade writing prompts that will tap into your kid’s imagination.
The writing prompts here are suitable for children who struggle to find something to write about.
Using the fourth grade writing prompts you can even encourage your child to practice their writing skills. It can be added to their daily journal. It is a good way for them to reflect on their day and emotions.
It has plenty of fun prompts that will make a child want to write about their thoughts and feelings.
67 fun fourth grade writing prompts:
1. What would it be like to have a snake as a pet?
2. Write a time that you felt very excited.
3. Write a time that you felt very excited.
4. Write 3 places you would like to go on your next holiday.
5. What do you dream of becoming once you grow up?
6. Who do you admire the most at home?
7. If you can have one superpower, what would it be?
8. If you have a box of courage, what would you write in it?
9. Write down things you are too scared to try but would like to give it a go?
10. If you had $1 million, what would you do with it?
11. Write down about your favorite animal
12. Write a story about a boy who got lost in the zoo.
13.Write a story about a girl who had to spend the night at the museum.
14. What would it be like to climb the highest mountain in the world?
15. If you are the principal of your school, what rules would you change?
16. If you are the leader of your country, what is the first thing you would do?
17. Imagine animals can talk to you, what will they say?
18. Write a story about a boy who found a treasure in his back garden.
19. You woke up one morning and found a rocket ship at the back of your house. You climbed into it. Write what happens next.
20. If you can be invisible for one day, what will you do?
21. If you are going to spend a whole year on a remote island, write down the things you would pack.
22. Write about your favorite sport. What do you like about it?
23. If you can have anything for your birthday, what would you wish for?
24. Imagine being a crazy scientist, who invented a new drink. What would it be called? What would it taste like? Is it safe to drink?
25. You are walking down the woodlands and heard footsteps. You turned around but no one was there. What happens next?
26. What do you think the world will look like in the year 2100?
27. Write about your favorite summer holiday.
28 If you can meet someone famous, who would you like to meet?
Growth Mindset Questions For Kids :
29. If you can be friends with a cartoon character, who would you like to be friends with?
30. Imagine waking up one morning and all your toys started talking to you, what did they say?
31. What is your favorite book? Can you rewrite the ending of the book?
32. What do you think the world will look like if there was no electricity?
33. If you can be a parent for one day, how will you do things differently from your parents?
34. You have been invited to visit the Buckingham Palace and meet the Royal family. Write about what the day was like? How were you greeted? What food did they serve you? What protocols you had to follow?
35. Redesign your school uniform.
36. Write a story about the biggest shark in the sea.
37. If you could be an animal, what would you be?
38. Write your own comic.
39. Imagine the dog really ate your homework, how will you convince your teacher?
40. Imagine being stuck on a roller coaster ride. How did you ask for help?
41. Write a story about a day out on the beach. What did you do? Who was with you? How sunny was the day?
42. Imagine discovering a book that would transport you into your favorite video game. Describe what happens next.
75 Writing Prompts For Kids :
43. A magician called you on stage and said that he will make you disappear for a few minutes. However, he forgot his magic trick and you got loss for a much longer time. Describe how you found your way back? Where did you? What did you do when you disappeared?
44. Are there any chores at home that you love doing? What would it be?
45. Open a random book to any page. Write for 5 minutes about the first word that you read.
46. Write down 5 things you can do to share kindness with others.
47. If you can eliminate one subject in school, what would it be? Why do you think that subject is not important?
48. If you can change something about your school, what would you change?
49. What is your favorite movie? Can you change the ending of the movie?
50. What are you grateful for today?
51. What do you like most about your family?
52. Can you rewrite the story of Cinderella, from the point of view of the sisters?
53. If you can start your own business, what will you sell?
54. Imagine opening up a new store, what will you call it? What will you sell in it? Where will your store be located?
55. Imagine having a dragon living right next door. What will you do with the dragon?
56. Write a letter to your future self. Include your goals and ambitions in it.
57. Write a list of things you need that will make you feel happy.
Related : Check out the Growth mindset kit
58. If you can invent a robot of any type, what would you build? What can the robot do? What will the robot look like?
59. Write a thank you letter to someone you care about.
60. Write down something that you learned today.
61. If you can grow your own vegetables, what will you grow?
62. If you can change your school menu, what will you add to it?
63. Write something about your best friend. What do you like about him/her? What makes him/her fun?
64. Write a story about your first sleepover experience.
65. Imagine living in a farm, what do you think life would be like?
66. Imagine you discovered a time capsule, where did you go?
67. Write something about your favorite teacher.
68. Describe what it would be like to be a grown-up?
We hope you have enjoyed the fourth grade writing prompts. Don’t forget to share with friends and family.