The 7th grade writing prompts will inspire children to reflect on their experiences and think about their future goals.
7th grade marks a new beginning of academic school and moving to secondary school. It comes with its own set of challenges for many children.
It is the best time to get students to start a journal so they can reflect on their activities and daily moods.
The 7th grade writing prompts below can be added to a child’s daily journal. It can also be used by parents to get to know about their child’s feelings.
Teachers can use the 7th grade writing prompts for ice breaker sessions and writing sessions in the classroom.
Fun 7th grade writing prompts:
- What do you enjoy doing in your free time
- Do you enjoy singing in public?
- Do you like public speaking?
- What are some good qualities you inherit from your families?
- What are your strengths?
- What do you miss most about primary school?
- What do you think is the hardest thing about growing up?
- What are your weaknesses?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- Who do you admire the most in your family?
- If you can meet anyone in this world, who would you like to meet?
- What do you like most about going to school?
- List down the things that make you happy
- List down the things that make you sad?
- What are your goals for the next 1 year?
- Write about your best friend.
- Write down a new skill you would like to learn this year?
- What are you most grateful about in your life.
- Write down 3 things that make you angry
- What is the best advice someone ever gave you?
- What is the funniest joke you heard recently?
- What is the most difficult decision you had to make recently?
- What are the household chores you don’t mind doing?
- What are the household chores you hate doing?
- What do you like to do online?
- what type of videos do you like to watch online?
- Do you wish the internet never existed?
- What do you like most about technology?
- Do you think people are becoming more united or divided using technology?
- If your pet can talk, what do you think it will say?
- What do you feel most passionately about in your life?
- What is the one thing that is bothering you right now?
- Have you ever felt like giving up?
- Have you ever felt alone?
- Write about what a perfect day looks like to you?
- What do you think is the quality needed to be a good friend?
- Why do you think you are a good friend?
- What is your favorite part of school?
- Do you think God exists?
- Why do you think there is so much suffering if God exists?
- List down the things you would do to make the earth greener. For example, switch off the lights when not in use.
- Do you think climate change is real?
- Do you think there is anything your school can do to help make the world a greener place?
- Write about a time you helped a friend out. How did it make you feel?
- Write about your proudest moment.
- If you can be the leader of your country, what will you change about your country?
- If you are the principal if your school, how will you run the school differently?
- Write down 3 things you would like to change about your classroom.
- Write about a time you challenged yourself to do something hard. How did it make you feel?
- What are the 3 things you are most grateful about in your life?
- What are the 3 things you love most about your family?
- Write down 3 things you like most about yourself.
- Write down 3 things you should be doing less. For example, watching less TV.
- Write a story about a boy who never gave up his dreams.
- Write down the challenges you are facing right now that you feel you cannot share with anyone else.
- Write down the things that make you feel anxious.
- Write about a time you felt very happy
- If you can have one wish for your birthday what would you wish for?
- What are the qualities that make a good parent?
- Do you think it’s wrong to talk about someone behind their back?
- Write down the time you felt betrayed.
- Write about a time you stood up for your friend.
- Write about a time you did something so difficult that no one expected you will succeed.
We hope you have enjoyed the 7th grade writing prompts above. Don’t forget to share it with friends and family.