The daily writing prompts here can be used to reflect on your day and also inspire creative writing.
It can even be extended to be used as short story ideas. The daily writing prompts is divided into 6 different categories:
- Daily writing prompts for self-reflection
- Writing prompts for beginners
- Fantast prompts for beginners.
- Writing prompts for anxiety
- Writing prompts for fun
- Other daily writing prompts to be used by adults and children
We have also mixed the writing prompts so it can be used by children and also adults. It will tap into your imagination and help you get the creative writing juice flowing.
This is especially good for those who are facing writer’s block. The daily writing prompts will give you ideas on what to write about and how to develop your story.
It can also be used as journal prompts for children. They can think about how they felt during the day and also how they can make tomorrow to be a better day.
Enjoy the daily writing prompts:
Daily writing prompts for self-reflection:
- What are you grateful for today?
- What do you like most about your day?
- What/who made you smile today?
- Did something make you think hard today?
- How would you like to change your day?
- Could you have done something different to make this day better?
- Who were you happy to see today?
- Did you read something nice today?
- Did you watch something that made you smile today?
- 3 things you like most about today?
- What are the new things you tried today?
- Did you do anything to challenge yourself today?
- Did you do anything today to nurture your soul?
- How many steps did you take today?
- Did you ask for help from anyone today?
- List 2 kinds of things you did today?
- Did anything make you sad today?
- Did you read anything that made you feel upset today?
- Is there anything inspirational that pops on your social media feed today?
- What kind of detox activities did you do today?
- Name your favorite music today?
- Traceback what you did today and reflect on the little moments that brought happiness to you.
- Name a person you are happy to see today. Why is this person important to you?
- Write down the goals you manage to complete today?
- Write down one thing you achieved today.
- Which areas of your life do you feel need improvement? (For example, health, social, career or relationship)
- Talk about a time you helped someone today
- Did you help a stranger today?
- What are the things that went well today?
- What have I done to take care of myself today?
- How did I show kindness today?
- What did I do to fulfill my passion today?
- Did I do anything to make someone elses life easier today?
- List 3 things that brings me joy
- List 3 things I am thankful for.
- What is 1 habit I need to stop doing?
- What is 1 new habit I should start doing?
- What do I look forward to tomorrow?
- Who inspired me today?
- Who brought some positive energy into my day?
- Did I do anything nice for myself today?
- What are the things that are going well in my life right now?
- Did you learn any tough lesson today?
- Write about your morning routine. What makes the morning good for you? What do you do to feel motivated in the morning.
Daily writing prompts for beginners:
- Write about your strengths.
- Write about your fears.
- Write about things that make you happy.
- Do you like to daydream? What do you normally dream about?
- What do you like most about your family?
- If you can change something about your home, what would it be?
- Is there anything about yourself that you would like to change?
- Write about the things you can see in front of you right now.
- Describe the people living in your home.
- Describe what your neighborhood looks like.
- Write about your favorite childhood memories.
- Write about the place you grew up
Fantasy daily writing prompts for beginners:
- Write about having a dragon living right next door.
- Write about a unicorn that showed up in your dream.
- Write about food that is being sold by 3d machines.
- Write about being trapped in a train and there is no exist. There are 100 people stuck in this train
Check out these creative writing prompts for kids
- Write something from someone else’s perspective. For example, the story of Cinderella is written from the perspective of the 2 step sisters.
- Write a story about a rumor you heard.
- Come up with your own character and write about that character. Look for a cool name for that character and what makes their personality unique.
- Open a dictionary randomly and write a story about the word you first see.
- Write about a character that got no sleep. What did the character do and what happened at the end.
- Write about a moment you felt out of place.
- If you can reinvent yourself, how would you be like?
- Write a story from the perspective of a ghost. What do you think they feel like? What do they think about? How do they feel being feared all the time?
- Write about a road trip you enjoyed.
Daily writing prompts for Anxiety :
- What are the 3 things I fear the most? Why?
- Write about the moment that truly made me happy today.
- Write down things you like about yourself.
- Which anxiety management strategy did I use today to help me cope?
- Did I meditate or do took some time to take deep breathes today?
Daily writing prompts for fun :
Complete the sentences below.
- “I remember the first time I…”
- “I admit to…..”
- ” I remember…..”
- “I found out that….”
- “I will always….”
- “I discovered…..”
- “I remember…….”
- “It’s always important to…….”
- ” I imagined that…..”
- “Nobody thought that I ……..”
- “I was shocked…….”
- “Today is a good day…….”
- “I took all…..”
- ” I did not know…….”
- “A mistake I…..”
- “I can see……”
- “I love the smell……”
- “I ate….”
- “If only…..”
- “Now that I…….”
- “I guess……”
- “I understand that……”
- “A trip that…..”
- “I’m feeling……”
- ” The weather is….”
- ” I love……”
- “My best friend……”
- ” I am not good at…..yet”
- “Mirror, mirror on the wall…….”
- “I should have….”
- “I must have….”
- I listened….”
- “I was told……”
- ” I was inspired when……”
Other daily writing prompts:
- Sum up your day in 3 words
- How are you feeling today from a scale of 1 to 10 ( 1 being bad and 10 extremely good)?
- How has your social media feed impacted your mood today?
- Did you post anything that would uplift someone else’s life today?
- Write about your favorite quote.
- Which movie inspires you the most.
- Write about a book you recently read.
- Write about how you think social media is disconnecting the world.
- Did you achieve everything you set to do today?
- If you are to write a book what will you write about?
- Write about some of your happy memories with friends or family.
Was this helpful?
Good job! Please give your positive feedback
How could we improve this post? Please Help us.