Fall is the colorful season when things seem to be magical. The trees change their leaves’ color giving us a sight to behold. And the weather is just right to start donning your favorite sweaters and mittens. Cozy up with your family, try out the fall trivia questions below, and learn more about this beautiful season.
How much do you know about the incredible autumn season? What if you could have a way of learning more in a fun way while you enjoy your pumpkin spice latte or hot chocolate?
Fall trivia questions are exciting and a great way of learning useful information about autumn. Bond with your friends and family members, especially the school-going ones, as you also discover some facts with these fall quizzes.
Fun fall trivia questions
- Name the colors commonly associated with fall – Yellow, Orange, Red, and Brown.
- Name the holiday celebrated in the fall in October – Halloween
- Which date marks the start of fall? – 22 September
- What vegetable is often carved during fall – Pumpkin
- According to an old fall superstition, what should you do this season to attract good luck? – Catch a falling leaf
- Name the autumn month with more childbirths than any other month. – September
- How many pounds did the largest pumpkin pie ever made weigh? – 3,699 pounds
- By estimation, how much money is spent on candy during Halloween? $9 billion
- What change is made on time at the end of daylight saving time? – Clocks are adjusted one hour back
- What month marks the end of daylight saving time? – November
- Apart from birds, which other creatures fly and migrate in the fall? – Monarch butterflies
- In November, which fall holiday is celebrated in America? – Thanksgiving
- What do you call the colorful natural phenomenon that occurs during fall? – Aurora Borealis
- In Greek mythology about fall, a Goddess returns to Hades, prompting her mother to let the crops on earth die from the beginning of fall till her daughter returns in the spring. What is the name of this Goddess? – Persophone
True or false autumn questions
These section of fall trivia questions are facts, and your audience has to say whether they are true or false:
- During the Autumn equinox, the daylight hours are the same as the dark hours – True.
- The Autumn equinox is also known as Harvest Home. – True
- In Canada and the US, people celebrate Thanksgiving at the same time. – False. In the US and Canada, Thanksgiving takes place in October in Canada and November in the US.
- In the Northern Hemisphere, Autumn Equinox happens on 21 June. – False, it takes place on 23 September
- In the Southern Hemisphere, Autumn Equinox occurs on 21 March. – True
- Brazil never gets to experience fall at any time of the year. – True
- The pumpkin spice contains pumpkin as the main ingredient. – False. It is made of cloves, cinnamon, dry ginger, and nutmeg. It doesn’t even have pumpkins!
- The evergreen trees never lose their leaves during fall. – True
- The Arctic Tern is a bird species that fly from the Arctic to the Antarctic. – True
Related : Fall writing prompts
Easy fall trivia questions for kids
- What is the traditional dish served during Thanksgiving? – Turkey
- What is the name given to the first day of autumn? – Autumn Equinox
- What is the full moon closest to the Autumn Equinox known as? – Harvest moon
- What happens in the Autumn equinox, causing the hours of the day to be equal to those of the night? – The sun is directly above the equator during the Autumn Equinox
- Which vegetable got its name from ‘Pepon,’ meaning a large melon? – Pumpkin
- When do North Americans experience fall? – September to December
- What are other names for fall? – Autumn or aurora season
- In Great Britain, what name do they prefer calling the season instead of fall? – Autumn
- What do squirrels store during the fall in anticipation of winter? – Seeds and nuts
- Why do animals prepare their nests and accumulate lots of food during fall? – In preparation for hibernation
- During fall, the Monarch butterflies migrate from the US to which country? – Mexico
Facts about autumn
Learn about different facts related to the autumn season in these next set of fall trivia questions:
- What was the intention of introducing Jack-O-Lanterns? – To wade off evil spirits during Halloween
- Which city is the largest pumpkin producer in the US? Its pumpkin production is five times more than any other city. – Illinois.
- What is the most common harvest during the autumn season in the US? – Apples and pumpkins
- Why is autumn called fall in the United States? – It is during this season that leaves fall from trees
- During fall, which color do the sugar maple leaves turn to? – Orange-red
- Leaves of aspens turn to which color? – Golden
- Which color do the oak leaves change to? – Red, brown, or a mix of brown and red
- What about the leaves of red Marples? Which color do they turn to? – Scarlet
- For the leaves to change their colors, which pigment decreases in the plants? – Chlorophyll
- During fall, birds migrate in which direction? – South
Related : St Patrick Trivia questions with answers
Festival of autumn facts
Exciting festivals are held in autumn all over the world. Here are some fall trivia questions to jog your memory and remind you some of them:
- The Celtic autumn tradition inspired which popular festival? – Halloween
- In Germany, which festival is celebrated in the fall season? – Oktoberfest
- In which Buddhist festival that happens during the fall do they send lanterns to Buddha to cleanse spirits from bad luck? – Yi Peng Lantern festival
- The largest white truffle festival takes place in which country? – Italy
- During fall, there is a Hindu celebration of lights. What is the festival known as? – Diwali
- The Jews have a festival to mark the beginning of their new year, which happens during fall. What is its name? – Rosh Hashanah
- When is Halloween celebrated all over the world? – 31 October
- Which date does the Wellfleet Oyster festival take place? – 17th and 18th October
- Which famous parade takes place in New York on 31 October? – Halloween Parade of New York
- I’m sure that you learned a thing or two about the fall trivia questions. Share with your family and friends so they can participate and have fun.