It is always good to equip children with all the skills they need if they decide to use an app. This would include how to delete things that they no longer want to share. In this blog, we will go through how to delete a story on Snapchat.
Snapchat is an app that is meant to share images and videos for a short period of time. Nothing on Snapchat is meant to last forever.
Even though nothing is meant to be forever on Snapchat, there is always a chance that users may post something and later regret it.
The risk is that the Snap story can be screenshot by others and shared on other social media platforms.
Hence, it is important to know how to delete a story on Snapchat, just in case we do not want others to see it anymore.
Do keep in mind that there is no one-push button that would delete all your Snap story.
It needs to be individually erased for each snap story.
How to delete a story on Snapchat?
- Open Snapchat app
- Click on your profile icon
- Click “my story” to view your snap story
- Swipe up to the story you want to delete
- Click on the trash symbol at the bottom of the screen
- Repeat the steps above for all the snaps you want to delete
If you delete a Snapchat Story can others see it ? 2023 update
No, once a Snapchat story has been deleted it can no longer be viewed by others.
Do keep in mind that those who have seen the story can screenshot it and save that story.
And once you have deleted a Snapchat Story you can no longer view who has seen the story. It is best to view who has seen the story before deleting it.
More importantly, think twice before posting on Snap story.
Don’t forget to check this out :
How to delete an unopened message on Snapchat?
Many times we may have sent a message and then regret it later on. This can happen to our kids as well when they are using Snapchat.
Luckily in 2023, Snapchat added a new feature called ‘Delete Chat’. This means that your kids are able to delete a message before it is being seen by the other person.
Here is how you can delete a sent message on Snapchat :
- Open the text message where you want to delete the message
- Click on that particular message
- Click delete
The message will then be deleted and cannot be read by the other person.
The same method can also be used to delete chats that has been viewed. However, there is no way to delete an entire chat with one button. It has to be done per line.
Do keep in mind that the other person will know that a message has been deleted. Although they can’t view the message, they will get a notification that a message cannot be viewed.
psst, don’t forget to :Download the PERSONALISED THE GROWTH MINDSET KIT helping children to stay calm, confident, and grounded even when growing up around social media.
Can I unsend a snap on Snapchat ?
No, unfortunately once a snap has been sent it can no longer be deleted.
You can delete messages on snapchat but not Snaps.
Hence, inform your kids to be careful when sending Snaps on Snapchat cause once a snap is sent there is no way to unsend it.
Other Snapchat safety tips :
- Ensure your child is at least 13 years old before using Snapchat. Even then there are still plenty of adult content on Snapchat
- Limit who can contact your child on Snapchat : Click on Settings, click on Who Can Contact Me, select My Friends.
- Limit who can see your child’s story : Click on Settings, Click Who Can See My Story, click Customs, and block whoever you do not want to be viewing your child’s story.
- Turn off location services: Go to Settings – Who Can – See My Location and activate Ghost Mode
- Switch of Snap Map: Snap Maps allows users to see each other on a map and then interact with their Snaps. This means that your child can be in contact with a stranger near to their location. Switch off this mode on their Snapchat.
Finally, Don’t forget to check out the Growth mindset activities which can be a useful tool for your child to be reminded of how unique and amazing they are.
Was this helpful?
Good job! Please give your positive feedback
How could we improve this post? Please Help us.