Are you looking for writing topics for kids that can be used in the classroom? We have compiled a list of fun and creative writing topics for students.
The writing topics will help children tap into their imagination. It will also be helpful especially for kids who struggle to find topics to write about.
Here are 101 writing topics for kids that you can use at home or in the classroom:
1. Personal writing topics for kids:
- Write about your family
- Write about your favorite holiday
- Write about your personal goals
- Where do you see yourself in the future?
- Describe yourself.
- What do you imagine doing once you have grown up?
- Write about your favorite food
- If you can redecorate your room, what would it look like?
- Write about a day you visited the zoo.
- What do you like most about your family?
- What are the good things about your school?
- Write about a place you would like to visit.
- Write about a challenge you recently completed.
- Did you try something new recently? Write about your experience.
2. Fun writing topics for kids:
- Write about the worst holiday you have ever been on.
- Write about the things that make you special and unique
- If you can change something about yourself, what would it be?
- Write about the things that make you happy.
- Write about your biggest accomplishment
- Write about a time you felt proud of yourself
- Write about a time you preserved despite facing setbacks.
- Write about a fun day you had with your friends.
- Write about a joke that was so funny that you could not stop laughing.
- Write about the best gift you have ever received.
- Write what you see when you look in the mirror
- Write about your favourite subject. Why do you like that subject?
- Write what you think it means to have good manners.
- What do you think digital wellbeing means?
- Write about the best birthday party you have ever attended.
- Write about your scariest dream.
Check out the Awesome Adventure Journal
- What do you think the world would like 100 years from now.
- Write about how your parents met.
- What are you most grateful about in your life?
- Write about your biggest fear.
- Write about a time you failed at something but never gave up.
- what will you do if you were given 5000 dollars?
- Look outside the window and write about what you can see?
- Write about the time you had a disagreement with your friend.
- What do you like most about your best friend?
- What do you like most about your home?
- What do you do when you are feeling scared?
- If you can only choose 3 things you can’t live without, what would it be?
- What is the first thing you notice when you meet someone new?
- What do you like best about your school?
- Write about how you would feel if your parents posted all your baby photos on social media?
- Are you worried about getting all your information leaked online?
- Describe your family
- Write about your teacher
- Write about the things you like to do to relax
- Write about your strengths.
- Write a letter to someone you care about
- Write about a kind thing you recently witnessed.
- Write about your favorite place in the world.
- Write about your favorite toy
- Write about your favorite season of the year
3. Fantasy writing topics for kids:
- Write a story that ends with a missing toy
- Write a story about a new planet discovered
- Write a story about aliens taking over the world.
- Write about a cat that was chasing a mouse
- Write about a dog that discovered a dinosaur.
- Write a story about life without computers and the internet.
- Write a story that begins in the forest
- Write a story about a dog who was searching for his master.
- You woke up one morning and the world forgot who you are. Write about how you remind everyone on who you are.
- You knock really loud but no one answered. Complete the story.
- You just fell asleep and the door range. Complete the story
- Write a story about having a dragon as your next-door neighbor
- Write a story about dinosaurs coming back to life.
- You are given only 10 days to live. How will you spend it?
- You are able to stop time, what will you do with that power?
- If are able to fly anywhere in the world. Where will you go?
- A man falls in love with a girl that lives in Outerspace. Write happens next.
- Open your social media account and write about the first post that you see.
- Write something about the person you admire.
- You are given the chance to have 3 wishes to come true. What are those wishes?
- You have been given the ability to choose one superpower. What will you choose?
- Write a story about a girl who can perform magic
- Write a story about the tooth fairy coming to visit you at night.
- Write a story that ends at the beginning.
- Write a story about your favorite cartoon characters coming to life.
- Write about robots that control humans.
- Rewrite the story of Pinocchio.
- Rewrite the ending of a movie you just saw recently
- Add another chapter to your favorite book
Check out 101 journal topics
4. Complete the sentence:
- On my way home…….
- I was sleeping but…..
- I heard a loud noise…….
- I am feeling…….
- I thought it was me but………
- The day……….
- Everything was perfect until……..
- I wish I was………
- I woke up in the morning without my teeth….
- What if I met a…..
- I wonder why……
- I was walking and……….
- I heard a loud noise and…….
5. Combine three words below and form a story:
- Brush, lemon, iPad
- Crayons, bottle, table
- Water, room, window
- Tissue, cupboard, oreo
- Chocolates, rice, fridge
- Grass, house. mushrooms
- Playground, paintings, cars
- Books, reindeer, sun
- Milk, gloves, shoes
- Airplane, passport, engine
Check out the Personalised Growth Mindset Kit, packed with amazing worksheets, including ways to manage anxiety and helping children develop positive habits.
Was this helpful?
Good job! Please give your positive feedback
How could we improve this post? Please Help us.