Writing topics are used to help teens and adults express their thoughts.
The writing topics will help tap into your imagination especially for those facing writer’s block.
It can be used as part of short story ideas, for self-reflection, and for daily journaling.
Using creative and fun writing topics like the ones below will also encourage your child’s willingness to write.
The writing topics here are more suitable for teens and adults. Some of the questions are thought-provoking.
Writing topics for adults:
- What are you most thankful for?
- Describe what home means to you.
- Do you think the world is moving in the right direction?
- What does love mean to you?
- Have you ever been in love?
- Describe something that gets you excited.
- Write about a time you felt proud of yourself
- Write about a time someone helped you that changed your life
- Write down your goals for the next 5 years.
- Write a letter to your future self
- If you can be young again, what would you say to yourself?
- Do you have any regrets?
- If you can change something about yourself, what would it be?
- Write down the high and lows you had this week?
- What is the one thing you dream about doing?
- Write down a list of things you want to do before you turn 60 years old.
- How would other people describe you?
- What is your dream job?
- What do you like most about your current job or profession?don’t forget to check this out:
- If money was not an issue, what will you be doing?
- Write down 5 places you would like to visit and why you would like to go there.
- What are the small things that bring happiness in your life?
- How would you like to be remembered?
- What is your best childhood memory?
- What do you love most about yourself?
- Write about someone that you love
- What is the most beautiful thing you have ever seen?
- Write down habits you would like to change.
Writing Topics for teens:
- Why do you think it is important to save money?
- Who do you admire the most?
- Write about something new you would like to try
- What would your dream home look like?
- Write about your favorite song.
- Rewrite the story of a book you recently read.
- What does your dream job look like?
- What would you like to do once you retire?
- Write a letter to your future self.
- Reflect on your best school memories.
- Write down 10 things that make you unique and special.
- How would people describe you
- What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced? How did it make you feel?
- What do you think happens in a job interview? How would you prepare for it?
- What do you think the world will look like 25 years from now?
- What do you think you will be doing 10 years from now?
- Scroll through your social media and write about the first post that you see.
- Would you rather be an entrepreneur or managing director of a big company?
- Write about the best birthday gift you have ever received.
- If you had 10,000 dollars today, what will you do with that money?
- What can you do to make the world a better place?
- What are the 3 things that most important to you in your life?
- Do you think money can buy happiness?
- Describe what a good day means to you.
- Do you think video games have the potential of making people violent?
- Would you rather be a famous YouTuber or own your own company?
Creative writing topics
- Describe yourself to someone you have never met.
- Describe a moment you felt real joy
- Describe a time you felt accomplished
- Write about a time you challenged yourself to do something hard.
- What can you do to feel more fulfilled in your life?
- Is education needed to become successful?
- If you can meet any celebrity, who would you like to meet?
- If you can go anywhere in the world where would you go?
- Write about someone that inspires you the most.
- How has the internet changed the world?
- How has social media change people’s attitudes?
- What will you do if you see someone being treated unfairly?
- Describe an injustice you have ever witnessed.
- What makes your country great?
- If you can be a parent for one day, how would you spend the day with your kids?
- Do you think soldiers have a good life? Would you want to join the military?
Imaginative writing topics:
- Write a conversation between 2 birds.
- You went on a submarine with your family but got stuck in there. Describe what happens next
- You are given the power to change one thing about yourself, what would you change?
- You are told to spend one year in a deserted island and allowed to bring only 3 things with you. What would you bring?
- Imagine a world where robots have taken over humans. Describe what that world would look like.
- If you are the leader of your country, how would you change things?
- If you can recreate your favorite food, how will you change it?
- You woke up one morning and found yourself inside your video game. What happens next?
- Rewrite the story of Cinderella from your point of view.
- Change the ending of a book you recently read.
- Add a scene into your favorite movie.
- What do you think animals would say if they can talk?
- If you can change your name, what would it be? Why do you choose that name?
- If you can talk to someone who is dead, who would you like to talk to?What would you say to that person?
- What does your ideal day look like?
Growth Mindset Questions For Kids :
Complete the story below :
- I found a strange noise under my bed, I peek and…….
- I was walking home from school and heard some noise from the bushes and………
- My teacher told me to do research on a topic that was difficult for me. I opened my laptop but………
- I was looking out my window before bedtime but heard a loud bang from outside……..
- A funny-looking creature is found in my backyard………..
- My car turned into a robot one night and would not stop making noise………
- I thought I was dreaming but…………
- The postman came and delivered a huge box, I opened it………
- I saw the clock at my house and was surprised that all the time has turned backward………….
- I opened the refrigerator to get some snack but I was surprised to see…
- New people moved in next door, but they had a dragon with them……..
- I was rowing in the river and suddenly found a hole in my boat…………
- I was so tired and decided to go to bed early. I tossed and turned but couldn’t sleep and suddenly I saw……….
Fantast writing topics:
- You are a personal assistant to the wizard who suddenly passed away. Before he passed away he gave you a magic wand. Describe what happens next.
- Describe the war that has been going on between 2 pirate ships
- You found a strange bracelet, and when you wore it you gained some superpowers. Describe what happens next.
- You see the same old man sitting on the same bench every day on your way home from school. But one day he was not there. You went to investigate what happened. Describe what happens next.
- Your grandmother owned an antique shop. You opened a jar which you were told not to. Describe what happens next,
- You found a book that brings the characters to life. The book has not been touched by anyone in over 100 years. You opened it. Describe what happens next,
Form a story using the words below :
- Watter, table, magic wand
- Book, window, birds
- Lamp, pillow, spaceship
- Aliens, mars, NASA
- Printer, buttons, headphones
- Minions, Cinderella, Mickey Mouse
- Flower, Bee, unicorn
- Polka dots, birthday, presents
- Socks, books, garbage truck
- Clock, remote, TV
- Purse, water bottle, heater