If you’re anything like me, you read and listened to 80s music back in the day. How well do you know the 80s era? Let’s test it out using the 80s trivia questions below.
There’s no denying that the 1980s was an extremely popular decade for music. From movie soundtracks to pop hits and everything in between, it’s hard to pick ten music albums that come to mind when you think about the decade.
So today, we’re going to share with you 80s trivia questions that help us remember some of our favorite songs from the decade and get us thinking about that fun stuff from our past!
(Note: Only some of these questions have a perfect answer, some are open-ended opinion-based questions, or you can find the answers yourself!)
Fun 80s Trivia Questions with Answers (Top 3)
- What was the name of the first computer to be sold in retail stores? Altair 8800
- Which player won the most World Series titles with the Pittsburgh Pirates? Roberto Clemente
- Which singer helped save lives during Hurricane Katrina by performing a benefit concert at New Orleans’ Mahalia Jackson Theater? Toni Braxton
Difficult 80s Trivia Questions with Answers
- Which of the following was a successful 80s pop group? (a. The Bangles, b. The Cure, c. Duran Duran, d. Tears for Fears) All of them
- Who is the band that sang “We Are the World”? Song by U.S.A. for Africa
- What was the name of the movie that starred Michael Jackson? Moonwalker
- What is the name of the dance craze from the 80s? Breaking Dance
- Who was Janet Jackson’s son? Eissa Al Mana
- Who is Bob Lefsetz? Writer
- Name two popular bands in the 80s but are no more. Guns N’ Roses (Hard Rock/Glam Metal) & Queen (Rock)
- What was the name of the first album by this band? Queen
- Who was the lead singer/guitarist of this band? Roy Thomas Baker
- What song was released as a single and reached #5 on the Billboard Hot 100? Bohemian Rhapsody
- What was the name of this band’s second album? Queen II
- How many songs did they release on their self-titled debut album? Seven
- Name the top-selling video game in the 80s. Super Mario Bros.
80s Music Trivia Questions
- What was the name of a popular 80s band? The Smiths
- What was the song’s name that made us all want to dance like no one was watching? Beat It
- Are Huey lewis and the news band still together? Yes
- Name Paul McCartney’s most famous song. Let it Be
- Name any Lionel Richie songs. Endless Love
- The song ‘Aint’ Nobody’ was a hit for which funk band and singer? American funk band Rufus and American singer Chaka Khan
- Which Rick Astley song became number one in 25 countries? Never Gonna Give You Up
- Which Simple Minds song features in the film ‘The Breakfast Club’s opening and closing credits? Don’t You (Forget About Me)
- What was the song’s name used in the opening credits of Beverly Hills 90210? “Theme From Beverly Hills, 90210” – John Davis (Davis, John E.)
- Who is considered one of the most influential figures in rap music in the 80s? Afrika Bambataa
80s Movie Trivia Questions
- Who directed “The Karate Kid”? John G. Avildsen
- Who was the first actor to be nominated for an Oscar for a role in a movie? Emil Jannings
- Which 80s film featured a central character who went blind but still managed to win a race? To Race the Wind
- Which 80s film starred Jeff Goldblum as an alien who is trying to play soccer? Earth Girls Are Easy
- Which 80s film was initially set at an amusement park where people wore roller skates and rollerblades? Solarbabies
- What was the first movie to be shot in 3D? The Power of Love
- Who played the main character in The Karate Kid? Ralph Macchio as Daniel LaRusso; Pat Morita as Mr. Miyagi; William Zabka as Johnny Lawrence; Elisabeth Shue as Ali Mills; Martin Kove as John Kreese
- What movie did John Travolta star in that was based on the life of a man who worked at a gas station? Life on the Line
- What was the name of the prince that played Beast in Beauty and the Beast? Dan Stevens
- What actress starred as a high school student who falls for her teacher in Sixteen Candles? The film, which was written and directed by John Hughes, follows high school student Samantha (Molly Ringwald) on her 16th birthday
- What actor was the original to play Arnold Schwarzenegger’s role in Commando? Nick Nolte was the original choice for John Matrix, but Arnold Schwarzenegger was cast instead
- Who played the younger version of Jane Fonda’s character in The China Syndrome, but then they changed it to her daughter? Jane Fonda as Kimberly Wells
- Which actor played Marty McFly and Doc Brown in Back to the Future? Christopher Lloyd
- What is the main character’s name in the movie “Overboard?” Goldie Hawn · Kurt Russell · Edward Herrmann · Katherine Helmond · Roddy McDowall.
- What movie did Michael J. Fox and Mary Steenburgen star in together? Back to the Future Part III
- Which actress starred in a film called “The First Wives Club”? Bette Midler, Goldie Hawn, and Diane Keaton
- Who starred as a “duck” in “The Dark Wind”? Barbara Harris
- What was the name of the woman who played a nun in “Sister Act”? Wendy Rosenberg Makkena
- In which film did De Niro play a serial killer? Robert De Niro played in Al Pacino
- Which actress played Jack’s love interest in “Kiss Me, Stupid”? Anna Bonacci
- Who played the opera singer Violetta La Salle in “Viva Las Vegas,” directed by Martin Scorsese? Fanny Salvini-Donatelli
- What was the name of the man who played a cat burglar named Marky Mark in “The Sting II”? Mark Wahlberg
- What was the name of Jim Belushi’s character in “The Blues Brothers”? ‘Joliet’ Jake Blues
- What movie was released in 1985 that featured John Travolta as Wyatt Walker and featured cameos by Steve Martin and Chevy Chase? Gone with the Wind
- What was a popular 80s TV show with a spin-off called Full House? Like “Full House,” “Fuller House” is about DJ Tanner-Fuller, a widow raising her children with the help of her sister, Stephanie, and Kimmy, and her best friend from her childhood at the same house in San Francisco.
80s Sports Trivia Questions
- Name one of the first sports played in movies. The Knockout (A boxing film)
- Which sport was invented by Native Americans? Lacrosse
- Name one team with three players named Bill in their lineup during the 80s decade (also known as “The Three Amigos”) who were all born in 1961-1963: Mark Aguirre, Bill Buckner, and Bill Buckner.
- Which team lost eight straight games in 1987? Chicago Cardinals
- Who was the only player in NBA history who held four NBA titles at once and retired while an active player? Bill Russell
- Name two players selected in the 1980 NBA draft but never played a game because they were suspended for drug use or gambling problems (or both). Micheal Ray Richardson
- What was the name of the first U.S.-born basketball star to earn a million dollars? Magic Johnson
- Who was the first athlete inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield, Massachusetts? George Mikan
- Who was the top-scoring forward on the 1980 U.S. Olympic Hockey Team? Mark Johnson
- What was the last name of Michael Jordan’s firstborn? Kevin
- Which team held the NHL record for most consecutive wins (17) between January and March 1983? The Columbus Blue Jackets
- Which team had four 20-goal scorers in one season (1983–84)? Serie-A
- What was the name of the most successful pitcher in MLB history? Walter Johnson
- Who was the first pitcher to throw a no-hitter in his rookie season? Bumpus Jones
- What team did Elvis Presley play for before he became known as “The King?” Browns and the Pittsburg Steelers.
- Who is considered to be the best player in NBA history? Michael Jordan
- Who was banned from baseball after throwing a bat at an umpire in 1989? Pete Rose
Related : Fun Christmas Trivia
Open-ended & Opinion-Based 80s & Other Trivia Questions
Would you like to answer some easy trivia questions? Here are some questions on various topics for you to bring your thought process to make things even more enjoyable!
- What did we all do on our lunch breaks during this era?
- What do you think of Michael Jackson?
- What’s your favorite video 80s game?
- What’s your favorite 80s tv show?
- What was San Francisco famous for in the 80s?
- Which dan Aykroyd movie is your favorite?
- What element do you look for in the main characters in a film from the 80s?
- Do you want to get featured in an 80s music video?
- Would you like to meet Stevie Wonder?
- Have you watched the movie of “Indiana Jones”?
- Would you return to the 80s if you had a time machine?
- Is watching movies from the 80s a great way to relax?
- Was Whitney Houston a batter singer or actor?
- Do you remember the names of Star Wars characters from the 80s?
- When did cabbage patch kids get banned in the 80s?
- Were 80s movies entertaining enough?
- Do you prefer 80s action films over romantic movies?
- Have you watched “blade runners”?
- Did John Hughes direct Ferris Bueller’s day?
- Have you watched “donkey kong”?
- What caused the fall of the Berlin Wall?
- What is Ronald Reagan best known for?
- Why was tina turner called as “queen of rock n roll”?
- What was the name of the first widely-used disposable camera in the 80s?
- Do you know about the drag queen Dolly Parton? How is she related to the 80s?
- What is madison square garden from the 80s?
- What do you think about the 80s movie Flashdance?
- What’s your favorite 80s television series?
- Do you know about mount st. Helens from the 80s?
- If you were an actual 80s kid, which TV show would you want to be on as an actor?
- What was a popular movie with many 80s references in it?
- Name one item of clothing worn more often during this period than any other item.
- Name three ways to shop for 80s retro clothes and accessories (or buy them online).
- Name one 80s movie by “bruce Willis”?
- Which movies are your favorite in your memory lane from the 80s?
- Have you watched the 80s movie “back to the future” by doc brown?
Facts About the 80s
Here are the top 5 facts about the 80s:
1. The 80s was the decade of excess of everything.
2. The 1980s was a time of significant change for music, with new genres and sounds coming into play.
3. Disco was huge in the 80s but also became a fad that quickly faded away.
4. The 1980s were defined by their pop culture and fashion, including designer brands like YSL and Versace, which are still popular today.
5. The 80s were also defined by their movies, which included some of the most memorable and iconic films ever made, such as “The Breakfast Club” and “Back to the Future.”
Was this helpful?
Good job! Please give your positive feedback
How could we improve this post? Please Help us.