Do you sense suspicious activity on your Instagram account? Do you think someone has access to your account information and has signed in to your profile? Fortunately, you can check your Instagram login activity to see who and when someone entered your account.
Whether you have a business or personal account, it is essential to know your login activities. The last thing you want to see is unknown devices that have accessed your account and be able to view any sensitive information you may have on the app.
How to check login activity on Instagram?
Now, let’s learn how to check login activity on Instagram. You can get a list of the devices that have recently accessed your Instagram account. You will also get to know the exact location of the login.
If you notice suspicious login activity, you can log out of your device and notify Instagram about this issue.
Follow the simple steps below to see your most recent login activity here:
· Tap on your profile picture in the bottom right of the screen.
· Click the three horizontal lines at the top right-hand side of the screen
Select the settings menu icon.
· Click on Security settings.
· Select login activity
Press This Was Me, then tap Confirm to confirm the login if you recognize it.
To reset your password and secure your account, touch This Wasn’t Me if you don’t remember the place or device indicated. Then, follow the on-screen instructions.
· Tap additional actions (….) to the right of the login, then tap Log out to log out of whatever devices you’re presently signed into.
Now you know how to check login activity on Instagram.
How to delete login activity on Instagram?
Do you want the records in your Instagram login history to be deleted? Instagram keeps a login activity log each time you use the app.
Unfortunately, you cannot delete all your login activity within one click. It has to be done one by one.
The following steps will guide you through how to delete login activity on Instagram.
· Open Instagram.
· Select your profile icon.
· From the top right corner of the screen, select the three-dot lines.
· Select Settings from the next screen.
· Now select Security.
· Select Login Activity.
· You will see the active sessions and all the unusual logins (illegal activity).
· You will also see the list of login locations.
· Now tap the horizontal three-dot menu next to the location information.
· Select Logout.
· The next time that device tries to log in, whether it be a phone, tablet, or web browser (platform’s official website), it will be asked for a password.
How to clear login activity on Instagram from a PC?
Now you know how to check login activity on Instagram from your phone, let’s learn how to check login activity on Instagram from your PC. (Web version of Instagram)
Whether you are using a MAC or any other desktop application, the steps to check login activity on Instagram are the same.
Follow the steps below to access your Instagram login history on a PC or Mac (Desktop Computer).
· In the first step, select a web browser.
· Register an account with Instagram.
· In the top right corner, select the profile symbol.
· Select Setting.
· Click Login and Activity in the left pane to get a list of past logins on the right.
To be safe, Instagram users should do a password change every six months. It is one of the best security measures to prevent someone from accessing your account.
It would help if you considered changing your Instagram password as soon as you detect a suspicious login or unusual activity from unrecognized devices.
Instagram login activity showing the wrong location. How to fix it?
Your location can vary significantly depending on when you are connected to the network of your mobile service provider.
Your location will frequently be displayed as the closest data hub for the mobile device operator, as opposed to using the phone’s GPS to offer a more real place (as when you are using Google maps directions, for example).
You should be fine as long as your location appears in your area. You should examine further, reset your password, log out of all devices, and do other actions if you see logins from countries other than your own or from states far from where you are.
1. Does Instagram send login notifications?
No, You won’t get any notification for login from unwanted devices until you’ve enabled two-factor authentication.
2. What can I do if someone else login to my Instagram?
It’s simple to log out of devices that you don’t want to have access to your profile page. You may do it from within the app or through the platform’s official website; it just takes a few minutes. Logging out of every device at once is impossible, but you can do it one device at a time.
3. Can you see someone else’s login activity?
No, you cannot see someone else’s login activities; Only those who have access to their account can see the Activity Log.
4. Is there two-factor authentication on Instagram
Yes, you can enable two-factor authentication on Instagram. A two-factor authentication is a security tool that helps safeguard your Instagram account and password. When someone tries to enter your account using a device we don’t recognize, you’ll receive a message or be prompted to input a unique login code if you’ve enabled two-factor authentication.
Was this helpful?
Good job! Please give your positive feedback
How could we improve this post? Please Help us.