TikTok is one of the fastest-growing social media platforms, with over one billion active users. A verified account on TikTok can help increase your visibility and credibility on the platform. This article will discuss the steps you can take to get verified on TikTok.
Getting a verified blue tick on TikTok can be an excellent way for content creators to build trust and stand out from the crowd on this rapidly growing social platform.
The blue tick on TikTok signifies that your account is authentic and recognized by the platform, and it can help increase the visibility of your content in search results and make your account more attractive to potential followers and brands.
To get verified on TikTok, it’s important to consistently produce unique and high-quality content that aligns with TikTok’s trends and community guidelines. Additionally, it’s a good idea to have a large number of followers, a high watch time on your videos, and regularly post new videos. This can show TikTok that your account is active and that you are putting in the hard work to build a following and create great content.
So, if you’re a content creator looking to make a mark on TikTok and be recognized as one of its popular creators, putting in the time and effort to create viral videos and build a following is a great place to start.
How to Get Verified on TikTok
- Meet the Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for verification on TikTok, your account must meet the following criteria:
- Your account must be active for at least six months.
- Your account must have a profile picture and bio.
- Your account must have at least 100,000 followers or monthly active users.
- Your account must not have a history of violations of TikTok’s community guidelines.
2 Verify Your Email and Phone Number
Verifying your email and phone number is the first step to getting verified on TikTok.
Follow the steps below to do this:
Go to your profile
Tap on the three dots in the top right corner
Select “Privacy and Settings.” Then, select “Account Info” and verify your email and phone number.
3 Fill Out Your Profile
Make sure your profile is complete. This includes having a profile picture, and a bio. You can also include a link to your website in your bio.
Your bio should briefly describe who you are and what you do. Your profile picture and video should clearly represent you or your brand.
4 Post High-Quality Content Consistently
TikTok rewards active and engaged users who post high-quality content regularly. Ensure your content is visually appealing, original, and relevant to your audience. This will help you build a loyal following and increase your chances of getting verified.
5 Request Verification
Once your account meets the eligibility criteria and you have a complete profile, you can request verification.
Follow the steps below to request verification from TikTok
- Go to your profile and tap on the three dots in the top right corner
- Tap Settings and privacy.
Tap Manage account, then tap verification.
Select “Verification Request.”
Fill out the form and provide a reason why you think your account deserves verification.
Getting verified on TikTok can help increase your visibility and credibility on the platform. Make sure your account meets the eligibility criteria, verify your email and phone number, fill out your profile, post high-quality content consistently, and request verification. With these steps, you can take your TikTok account to the next level.
What does the tiktok verification badge look like?
The TikTok verification badge is a white checkmark within a blue circle. The blue circle is surrounded by a white ring and has the words “Verified Account” written in blue letters below it.
The badge serves as a symbol of authenticity and helps establish the account as a credible content source. The verification badge is on the user’s profile page, next to their name.
How to get verified on TikTok as a business?
Getting verified on TikTok as a business can help increase your visibility and credibility on the platform. Here are the steps you can take to get verified as a business on TikTok:
1. Create a Business Account: You can do this by downloading the TikTok app and selecting “Sign Up” in the bottom right corner. Then, select “Sign Up with Phone or Email” and fill in your information.
You can also switch your personal account to a business account. Follow the steps below:
- Go to your profile and click on the 3 vertical lines at the top right corner of the screen
- Click on Settings and Privacy
- Click Account
- Select Switch to Business account.
2. Complete Your Profile: Make sure your profile is complete, and this includes having a profile picture and a bio. Your bio should be a brief description of your business and what you offer.
3. Post High-Quality Content:
Ensure your content is visually appealing, original, and relevant to your target audience. This will help you build a loyal following and increase your chances of getting verified.
4. Verify Your Business Information: TikTok requires businesses to provide their business name, email, phone number, and website. To verify your information, go to your profile, tap on the three dots in the top right corner, and select “Privacy and Settings.” Then, select “Business Profile” and verify your information.
5. Request Verification: Once your account meets the requirements and you have a complete profile, you can request verification. To do this, go to your profile, tap on the three dots in the top right corner, and select “Verification Request.” Fill out the form and provide a reason for why you think your business deserves verification.
Note: TikTok may take several weeks to review your verification request, and there is no guarantee that your request will be approved.
Why should I get verified on tiktok?
Getting verified on TikTok can have several benefits for businesses, influencers, and public figures, including:
1. Increased Visibility: Verification on TikTok can help increase your visibility on the platform and make it easier for users to find and follow your account.
2. Credibility: The verification badge serves as a symbol of authenticity and helps establish your account as a credible source of content.
3. Improved Brand Recognition: Verification on TikTok can help improve brand recognition and credibility, which can lead to increased engagement and conversions.
4. Better Access to Platform Features: Verified accounts on TikTok have access to special features and tools, such as the ability to use live-streaming and monetization options.
5. Protection Against Impersonation: Verification can help protect your account from impersonation and ensure that users are interacting with the genuine account
Related: Why is TikTok not posting my videos?
How to get verified on TikTok for free?
Unfortunately, TikTok does not offer a way to get verified for free. Verification on TikTok is only offered through a request process and is determined by TikTok based on several factors, including the size and engagement of your following, your content, and your overall presence on the platform.
To be eligible for verification, you must have a complete profile and meet TikTok’s guidelines for posting content. You should also regularly post high-quality, original content that is relevant to your target audience.
Once your account meets these requirements, you can submit a verification request. The verification process is not open to the public, and TikTok does not charge a fee for verification.
To get the blue badge, create unique content that will capture users’ attention on the platform. Look at the current TikTok trends to create viral content. This can even boost your TikTok profile and help you gain new followers. Another easy way to increase followers is to look at similar accounts like yours and watch what they post. TikTok influencers within your niche will also give you a good idea of what is trending on the app.
The TikTok verification process is not hard as long as you meet the eligibility criteria. Remember to have a verified email account and also an active account. The TikTok team will only give out badges to authentic accounts that they can verify.
Can TikTok remove a verified badge on TikTok?
Yes, TikTok reserves the right to remove the verified badge from an account if it violates TikTok’s terms of service or community guidelines. The verified badge indicates that an account is authentic and credible, so it is important to maintain a positive and trustworthy presence on the platform.
If your verified badge is removed, you may submit a new verification request if you believe your account meets TikTok’s criteria for verification. However, there is no guarantee that your request will be approved, and TikTok reserves the right to remove the verified badge at any time for any reason.
How to get verified on TikTok in less than 5 minutes?
Unfortunately, getting verified on TikTok in less than 5 minutes is impossible. The verification process on TikTok is determined by TikTok based on several factors, including the size and engagement of your following, your content, and your overall presence on the platform
Can you buy a verified TikTok account?
No, you cannot buy a verified TikTok account, as TikTok grants verified accounts to legitimate and established brands, businesses, public figures, and influencers who have a significant following and produce content in line with TikTok’s community guidelines and policies. Attempting to purchase a verified account will likely result in account suspension or termination by TikTok.
Do verified TikTokers get paid?
Verified TikTokers can get paid through various means, such as:
- Sponsored content: Brands may pay verified TikTokers to create and post content promoting their products or services.
- Product promotions: Verified TikTokers may also earn money by promoting products or services through their own personal shopping or e-commerce websites.
- Live streaming: TikTokers can earn money through virtual gifts and donations from viewers during live streams.
- TikTok Creator Fund: TikTok has a Creator Fund program that pays eligible creators for their content.
Keep in mind, TikTok’s monetization policies and Creator Fund program criteria may change over time.