It is common to experience bugs after updating your iPhone. If you recently installed the latest version (iOS 13), you may have some issues with your apps. Is Snapchat not downloading on iPhone? Let’s look at how you can resolve this issue.
Why is Snapchat not downloading on iPhone?
There could be various reasons for Snapchat not downloading on your iPhone. It could be a storage issue, slow internet connection, or a problem with your iPhone’s settings.
In the next section, let’s examine how you can fix this problem.
How To Fix Snapchat Not Downloading On iPhone?
Snapchat is not downloading on iPhone? Try the following simple fixes and tricks to repair the issue:
1. Restart Your Mobile
Restarting it is the primary and most essential action when you experience a Snapchat not downloading on your iPhone.
Problems that are only temporary will disappear, and a simple restart does wonder. Take the following actions to restart your Apple phone:
With Face ID:
- Click and hold the Up/Down volume button, as well as the Power or Side button, at the same time.
- When the phrases “slide to power off” flash on your display, remove holding both keys.
- As an ios user, your device can be turned off by swiping the power symbol from left to right.
- To switch your iPhone back on after a little delay, Keep holding the side button.
- Once you encounter Apple Logo, you can remove holding the side button.
Without Face ID:
Hold the power key until the slider to power off emerges.
To turn off your iPhone, drag the power button throughout the home screen from left to right.
Hold the Power key to switch your iPhone back on after a little delay.
Once the Apple logo is displayed, you can withdraw the power key.
2. Examine Your Internet Connection/Mobile Data
- Occasionally, you won’t be allowed to download or run free apps due to wrong or unreliable network settings, which causes Snapchat not to download on iPhone.
- If you’re looking for a solution, look at your smartphone’s Internet connection as it is an internet-dependent app. iPhone Snapchat users cannot perform the Snapchat download.
- Check if a popular web-based social media app (such as Instagram) functions appropriately by opening it.
- To ensure that Snapchat seems to be the iPhone issue and not the internet connection, open Apple Store and load any other program you like
3. Examine The iPhone Storage
Snapchat will not download on your iPhone if your device is short on storage space.
In the best way, Snapchat operates. To verify your iPhone’s memory, follow the procedures listed below.
- Launch the Settings app.
- Visit the General.
- Click on iPhone Storage.
The amount of memory you still have is visible at the top of the screen. You’ll have to clear some memory when your iPhone storage is getting low so that you can download Snapchat.
4. Verify Your Account’s Payment System.
Apps must be purchased and downloaded through the Apple App Store using a verified and legitimate payment method.
Hence, you may occasionally be denied to download an app if you don’t have a valid payment method.
Create a new account to get started without zero payment options. Under your profile, you can view data about your preferred payment method.
These Snapchat issues could occasionally be brought on by expired card information.
Here is how you can check your payment settings :
- Go to settings
- Click on your name at the top that states Apple ID, Media & Purchases
5. Update iOS
You must ensure that the iPhone’s firmware on your smartphone is the new version for apps and services to function flawlessly, else you encounter Snapchat not downloading on iPhone.
Numerous individuals overlook iOS patches or lack the mobile phone storage to perform them. Apple highly advises customers to obtain the newer version of iOS.
Apple is renowned for providing regular security and long-term software support and maintenance. Do an iPhone update right now.
Occasionally, the old firmware version on your Apple device can cause problems with the Apple App Store and downloading new apps.
The steps listed below can be used for ios update and analysis:
- The first thing you have to do is open Settings.
- Open General.
- Click on Software Updates.
- If there are any latest updates available, upgrade your device.
6. Reset All Settings
Resetting everything on your iPhone’s settings may help to resolve the Snapchat problem not downloading on your iPhone.
Any customized tweaks you’ve made will be erased if you reset all the iPhone’s settings on your iPhone, restoring it to its factory defaults.
No data will be erased throughout this process. Use the simple methods listed below to reset iPhone settings:
- Go to Settings
- Click General
- Click on Transfer or Reset iPhone
How To Fix Snapchat Not Downloading On Android?
Do you find it confusing that the Snapchat app didn’t launch on your Android smartphone? Let’s work out a solution so you can download Snapchat to your Android phone.
- Hard Restart Your Device
- Make a time and date adjustment on your Android device.
- Clear Cache & data
- Updates to the Play Store must be reinstalled.
- Keep Your OS Up to Date
- Activate the app download manager.
- Make sure your device has enough space on memory.
How To Update Snapchat?
Updates for Snapchat can be obtained on both iPhone devices and Android phones.
iOS app Update:
On your smartphone, click the app to launch the App Store. Ensure you have collected cellular data rather than a poor internet connection.
- To update Snapchat, Go to App Store – navigate to the Updates tab at the bottom.
- Click on the icon for your profile if the Updates tab is not visible.
- Snapchat can be updated by tapping UPDATE next to it.
- Animated progress circles will appear around the Update apple logo. You’ll now be ready to access the updated app and begin to use it after a short while (based on your internet speed).
Related : How to switch accounts on Snapchat?
Android App Update
- Click on the Google Play store to open it.
- In the top left corner of the app, select the main menu.
- Then choose My apps & games.
- Locate Snapchat in the line of updates from the “UPDATES tab” at the top.
- Hit UPDATE to download & install a new Snapchat update if one is available.
Just like updating any other software, you have done on your iPhone that is similar to it.
You don’t want to skip any new conversations, stories, lenses, filters, or other things that Snapchat constantly adds. The Snapchat server can even be used while your phone’s music is on.
After reading the above-stated post, you should be aware of the cause and possible solutions for Snapchat not downloading on iPhone. The final resort is to post a Snapchat support query on Google once you’ve attempted everything mentioned above and still has trouble getting Snapchat to function on your smartphone.