I may not be a fashion enthusiast but that does not mean I don’t know what’s happening in the fashion world. Now lets step into the dazzling world of style and glamour with this fashion trivia! Whether you’re a runway enthusiast, a vintage fashion lover, or just someone who enjoys a fun challenge like me, these questions will take you on a sartorial journey through the ages.
So, put on your thinking caps (preferably designer!) and let’s dive into the fabulous universe of fashion trivia. Ready to strut your knowledge?
Fashion Brands and Logos trivia
- This brand’s logo features two interlocking C’s, representing the initials of its iconic founder. Answer: Chanel
2. Known for its iconic green crocodile logo, this brand is a pioneer in the polo shirt design. Answer: Lacoste
3. This Italian luxury brand is recognized by its double G logo, representing the initials of its founder’s name. Answer: Gucci
5. This brand, known for its luxury handbags and accessories, has a horse and carriage as its logo. Answer: Coach
6. This luxury brand, known for its iconic monogram pattern, was founded in Paris in 1854. Answer: Louis Vuitton
7. Recognized by its swoosh logo, this brand is a global leader in athletic footwear and apparel. Answer: Nike
8. This brand’s logo features a polo player on horseback and is known for its preppy American style. Answer: Ralph Lauren
10. Known for its iconic red sole shoes, this brand’s logo features a scripted version of the designer’s name. Answer: Christian Louboutin
Fun fashion trivia
The fun fashion trivia below will test your basic knowledge about the fashion industry—plenty of questions related to fashion shows and trends.
- Name the fashion designer of the 70s who made the wrap dress famous.
Diane Von Furstenberg
2. Which male musical artist was the first to appear on the cover of Vogue?
3. Who was the original target customer of the blue pair of jeans?
4. Which fashion item is associated with red-soled shoes?
5. When Humphrey Bogart was in Casablanca, what type of hat is he most remembered for wearing?
6. Name the famous fashion brand with a polo player as its logo.
Related : Fun animal trivia questions
7. What is Nike’s famous slogan?
Just do it
9. In 1957, which 21-year-old French designer replaced Christian Dior and became the head of the House of Dior?
Yves Saint Laurent
10. Bob Marley’s ‘Is this love’ music video has a famous supermodel aged seven at the time. What is her name?
11. State the main difference between a Poncho and a Cape.
A cape is put around the shoulders, while a poncho has a hole for the head.
12. Who is the designer of a boot sharing a name with an animal with a unique armored shell?
Alexander McQueen – Armadillo boot
13. The fashion brand H&M was founded in which European country?
14. In which county did the word ‘pajama’ originate?
India – meaning loose trousers.
15. In the 1990s, there were ‘big five’ supermodels. Name two.
Naomi Campbell, Christy Turlington, Cindy Crawford, Claudia Schiffer, Linda Evangelista
16. Name the place where the first fashion week was held.
New York – 1943
Related : TV trivia questions
17. Which famous queen wore a white wedding dress, thereby popularizing the trend for brides to wear white dresses?
18. Which actress from France played the role of Coco Chanel in the 2009 movie ‘Coco before Chanel.’
19. What is a Sirwal?
A Virtual is a type of clothing donned in Persia and the near east. A variety of pants that is loose and very baggy.
20. What is the oldest luxury fashion house that is still in operation?
Hermès – Found in 1837
21. In 1921, Coco Chanel launched its first perfume. What was its name?
Chanel Number 5
22. In the Sex and the City series, who is Carrie Bradshaw’s favorite shoe designer?
23. Who is the character, Miranda Priestly, from the film The Devil wears Priestly thought to be based upon?
24. In the popular Breakfast at Tiffany’s, which designer made the Iconic little black dress for Audrey Hepburn?
Related : Tuesday night trivia questions
25. The famous brand DKNY is initial. What does it stand for?
Donna Karan New York
26. Which Hollywood actress was the Hermes Kelly bag named after?
Here are some more exciting fashion trivia that you can challenge yourself with, enjoy during zoom dates, or even when you are bonding in a peaceful family time until you get tired with a bit of quiz fatigue.
Easy fashion trivia questions and answers
27. Who is the famous fashion designer shot and killed in the United States state of Miami, Florida, in 1997?
28. What is the name of the women’s shorts cut with full legs to resemble a skirt?
29. The Met Gala was postponed in 2020 due to the Coronavirus pandemic. What was the theme supposed to be?
About time: Fashion and duration
30. What is the name of the long outer garment that priests and men of the clergy wear?
31. Which American reality TV shows highlight great fashion designs?
32. Name the French fashion house that designed Meghan Markel’s wedding dress.
33. What was the original name of the iconic American designer credited with the creation of the fashion label Ralph Lauren?
Related : 15 Trivia categories
34. Which supermodel tripped over her Vivienne Westwood shoes and fell during a catwalk in the early 90s?
35. The Luxury fashion house Fendi was founded in which country?
36. Which famous fashion stylist is remembered for his popular quote, “A girl should be two things: classy & fabulous.”
37. Which type of pants are designers Jacob Davies and Levi Strauss associated with inventing?
70s Fashion trivia
38. The 70s were synonymous with being wide at the bottom of the leg. What were they known as?
39. Which fashion sense became most popular during the 70s?
40. What was the name of the popular high-heeled shoes during this era?
41. What were the shoes with heels lower than the shoe called?
Related : Car-ride trivia questions
42. Which dressing style, known as a fashion faux pas, became popular in the 70s and featured a ‘double’ look?
43. A type of top, which was popular in the 1970s, bared a lot of skin. What was its name?
The tube top
44. What was the checked pattern invented in the 1970s and had a massive comeback in the 1990s?
45. Name the type of sunglasses that gained popularity during the 1970s.
Mirrored lens sunglasses
46. Who was the inventor of hot pants?
47. What was the name of the fashionable shorts with rounded hems, with a slit on the sides?
48. Which type of trousers dominated the roller discos?
49. Daisy Duke popularized which type of tops?
Related : History trivia questions
Modern fashion quiz
50. Which Central Saint Martin designer became famous after Harry Styles wore their collection on tour and the music video “Lights up”?
51. What is the name of Kim Kardashian’s line of underwear and shapewear that mimics her monochromatic style?
53. Who designed the stunning one-shoulder ivory ball gown, covered in rosettes that Michelle Obama wore on her debut ball as the first lady of the United States?
54. In the 2010 MTV video music awards, Lady Gaga wore the infamous meat dress. Who was its designer?
55. In the movie, The Devil Wears Prada, what was the character’s name of the Editor of the fictitious Runway magazine played by Meryl Streep?
Related : Food trivia
56. What does the famous fashion logo D&G stand for?
Dolce & Gabbana
57. What is the country of origin of supermodel Kate Moss?
The United Kingdom
58. Which fashion brand is well known for its polo shirts?
59. Name the four cities believed to be 21-century fashion capitals. –
Milan, London, New York & Paris
60s Fashion quiz
60. The American First lady was known for donning her famous ‘pillbox hat.’ Who designed the hat?
61. Which fashion item will singer Nancy Sinatra be most remembered for? –
62. In Bonnie and Clyde’s movie, what is the fashion fad that Faye Dunaway inspired?
63. Name the American heiress and movie star who became a fashion influencer with black tights, mini-skirts, chandelier earrings, and blond hair?
64. In the 1960s, a popular Tv series focused on the clothing industry and starred Miriam Karlin and Reg Varney. What was its name?
The Rag Trade
Related : Disney trivia
65. ‘Dedicated Follower of Fashion’ is a 1966 hit song by which British group?
66. Which famous British designer worked as a salesgirl in Liberty’s before forming her fashion company in 1966?
High fashion trivia
67. How many times in a year is the glamorous London Fashion Week held?
68. Which precious stone with dark green color is used to make jewels?
69. Which designer made Victoria Beckham’s stunning wedding dress?
70. Which Italian City, where cotton corduroy is manufactured, inspired the name of jeans?
71. Who is the late German fashion designer associated with Fendi, Chanel, and his fashion label?
72. When did the fashion house Palazzo Versace become open to the public?
Related : Fun video game trivia
73. Giorgio Armani is among the most excellent Italian fashion designers. What is he most known for?
74. In which country was the famous shoe designer Manolo Blahnik born?
75. Who was Queen Elizabeth II’s official dressmaker from 1950 to 1990?
76. Which actor played the role of fashion designer Gianni Versace in the movie, “The Versace Murder” ? – Franco Nero
77. Name the editor-in-chief of the British Vogue –
78. Before Victoria Beckham became a fashion designer, she was a member of an all-female pop group. What was the group’s name
79 . Which famous fashion designer committed suicide after his mother passed away?
We hope you enjoyed the fashion trivia quiz above. How many questions did you answer correctly? Share with us in the comment box below.
Fashion icons and personalities trivia
- Known as the “Queen of Punk,” this British fashion designer is famous for her punk rock and new wave fashion. Answer: Vivienne Westwood
- This former Spice Girl transitioned into the fashion world and launched her own label in 2008. Answer: Victoria Beckham
- Who was the first black woman to appear on the cover of French Vogue in 1988? Answer: Naomi Campbell
- This iconic American designer is best known for his preppy-inspired designs and the polo player logo. Answer: Ralph Lauren
- Which French fashion designer is famous for introducing the tuxedo suit for women? Answer: Yves Saint Laurent
- This Italian fashion designer was tragically murdered outside his Miami Beach home in 1997. Answer: Gianni Versace
- Known for her signature bob haircut and oversized sunglasses, she is the editor-in-chief of Vogue magazine. Answer: Anna Wintour
- Which iconic actress became a fashion sensation after her role in “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” and was closely associated with designer Hubert de Givenchy? Answer: Audrey Hepburn
- This American fashion designer is known for his minimalist designs and was the creative director of Calvin Klein from 1997 to 2003. Answer: Narciso Rodriguez
- Who is the Lebanese fashion designer known for his intricate couture gowns and dressing numerous Hollywood celebrities? Answer: Elie Saab
- This British fashion designer was known for his avant-garde designs and was the founder of his eponymous brand. Answer: Alexander McQueen
- Which supermodel, known for her mole above her lip, rose to fame in the 1980s and has appeared on over 500 magazine covers? Answer: Cindy Crawford
- This iconic French fashion designer is best known for her little black dress and the perfume Chanel No. 5. Answer: Coco Chanel
- Who is the American fashion designer known for his glamorous red carpet gowns and was a judge on the TV show “Project Runway”? Answer: Michael Kors
- Which supermodel, also known as “The Body,” hails from Australia and has her own skincare line? Answer: Elle Macpherson
- This Italian designer duo is known for their glamorous and extravagant designs and have the initials D&G. Answer: Dolce & Gabbana
- Which American designer, known for her wrap dress, founded her fashion company in 1972? Answer: Diane von Fürstenberg
- This British model, known for her androgynous look, rose to fame in the 2010s and has walked for numerous high-fashion brands. Answer: Cara Delevingne
- Which French shoe designer is famous for his red-soled shoes? Answer: Christian Louboutin
- This American fashion designer, known for his classic American sportswear for women, has a namesake brand with a logo that features a white, red, and blue flag. Answer: Tommy Hilfiger
Fashion Controversies and Scandals trivia
- Which luxury brand faced backlash in 2018 for a promotional video that many in China deemed as culturally insensitive and racist? Answer: Dolce & Gabbana
- This supermodel faced controversy in the 2000s for her alleged drug use, leading to the tabloid headline “Cocaine Kate.” Answer: Kate Moss
- Which famous shoe designer faced criticism for stating in an interview that he disliked the natural look of a woman’s foot? Answer: Christian Louboutin
- In 2011, which fashion designer was dismissed from Dior after making anti-Semitic remarks in a Paris cafe? Answer: John Galliano
- Which luxury brand received backlash in 2019 for selling a sweater that many believed resembled blackface imagery? Answer: Gucci
- This American singer faced criticism for cultural appropriation when she wore a Native American headdress in a 2013 music video. Answer: Lana Del Rey
- Which luxury brand faced controversy in 2017 for selling a leather jacket that closely resembled the traditional Inuit parkas? Answer: Canada Goose
- In 2015, which model faced backlash for wearing dreadlocks on the Marc Jacobs runway, sparking a debate about cultural appropriation in fashion? Answer: Kendall Jenner
- Which luxury brand was criticized in 2018 for selling a $790 turban, leading to accusations of cultural appropriation? Answer: Gucci
- This famous singer faced backlash for her Geisha-inspired performance at the 2013 American Music Awards. Answer: Katy Perry
- Which brand faced controversy in 2017 for an advertisement that seemed to suggest a black child was the “coolest monkey in the jungle”? Answer: H&M
- Which luxury brand was criticized in 2019 for a fashion show theme that many believed made light of mental health issues? Answer: Gucci
- This famous model faced backlash in 2017 for her participation in a controversial Pepsi commercial that was accused of trivializing the Black Lives Matter movement. Answer: Kendall Jenner
- Which luxury brand faced controversy in 2012 for using Native American headdresses in their fashion show? Answer: Victoria’s Secret
- In 2015, which brand’s fashion show in Rome was criticized for using mostly white models to represent different cultures? Answer: Valentino
- Which luxury brand faced backlash in 2016 for an advertising campaign that many believed sexualized young girls? Answer: Miu Miu
- This famous singer and fashion icon faced criticism for wearing a fur coat to the 2015 Met Gala. Answer: Rihanna
- Which luxury brand was criticized in 2018 for a hoodie with a design that many believed resembled a noose? Answer: Burberry
- In 2014, which brand faced backlash for a shirt design that many believed glamorized mental illness with the words “Depression” repeated all over it? Answer: Urban Outfitters
- Which luxury brand was criticized in 2019 for selling a pair of sneakers that many believed glamorized poverty with their intentionally worn-out appearance and high price tag? Answer: Golden Goose
Fashion in Movies and TV Shows
- In which 2006 movie does the character Miranda Priestly, a powerful fashion magazine editor, famously say, “Florals? For spring? Groundbreaking.” Answer: The Devil Wears Prada
- Which TV show, set in the 1960s, is known for its meticulous period-accurate costumes, especially the tailored suits worn by Don Draper? Answer: Mad Men
- In which 1995 teen movie does the lead character, played by Alicia Silverstone, have a computerized closet? Answer: Clueless
- Which HBO series is known for its four fashionable female protagonists living in New York City, with one of them being a columnist named Carrie Bradshaw? Answer: Sex and the City
- Which 2001 movie starring Reese Witherspoon features a pink-clad law student named Elle Woods? Answer: Legally Blonde
- In which movie does Audrey Hepburn wear a little black dress designed by Hubert de Givenchy while standing outside Tiffany’s? Answer: Breakfast at Tiffany’s
- Which TV series, based on a book series, showcases the elite youth of New York’s Upper East Side and their high-fashion outfits? Answer: Gossip Girl
- Which 2004 movie, set in a high school, has a character named Regina George who sets the fashion rules for “The Plastics”? Answer: Mean Girls
- In which 2013 movie does Leonardo DiCaprio’s character throw extravagant parties, with attendees wearing 1920s flapper dresses and suits? Answer: The Great Gatsby
- Which TV show, set in the 1980s, features a group of kids in Hawkins, Indiana, with one character famously wearing a pink dress and blonde wig in the first season? Answer: Stranger Things
- Which 2018 movie, based on a novel, showcases the opulent lifestyle and fashion of Asia’s ultra-rich? Answer: Crazy Rich Asians
- In which movie does Marilyn Monroe’s character famously stand over a subway grate, causing her white dress to billow up? Answer: The Seven Year Itch
- Which TV series, set in the early 20th century, showcases the fashion evolution of the British aristocratic Crawley family? Answer: Downton Abbey
- Which 2003 movie, set in Tokyo, features Scarlett Johansson’s character wearing a pink wig in one of its iconic scenes? Answer: Lost in Translation
- In which 1980 movie does Dolly Parton’s character wear iconic country-inspired office attire while working “9 to 5”? Answer: 9 to 5
- Which TV series, set in a New York ad agency, features a character named Peggy Olson who evolves from a secretary to a copy chief, with her fashion evolving alongside her career? Answer: Mad Men
- Which 1990 movie features Julia Roberts’ character in a brown polka dot dress during a polo match scene? Answer: Pretty Woman
- In which TV series does the character Joan Holloway, known for her hourglass figure, wear form-fitting dresses that accentuate her curves? Answer: Mad Men
- Which 1978 movie musical showcases 1950s high school fashion, with characters like Sandy and Danny singing and dancing their way through senior year? Answer: Grease
- Which TV series, set in Miami, features four older women with distinct fashion styles, including big hats, flowing kaftans, and statement jewelry? Answer: The Golden Girls
Was this helpful?
Good job! Please give your positive feedback
How could we improve this post? Please Help us.