A half swipe on Snapchat is a sneaky way to read messages without letting the other user know. One of the most popular features of the app has always been the Snapchat half wwipe.
A half swipe on Snapchat is an excellent way to read a message without notifying the sender, but the recent software update makes it difficult to half-swipe.
Users can half-swipe and read only the part of the message. You can read the gist of the message and it will still show as unread to whoever sent the message.
What is half swipe on Snapchat?
Half swiping in Snapchat allows users to swipe a bit to the right, so they may see the message of someone in the app without opening it entirely.
The users have to press Bitmoji in their chat window, and then half swipe to read it while holding down Bitmoji.
Half Swiping at Snapchat is the skill of viewing Snap without letting the sender know you read it.
Did Snapchat remove the half-swipe?
Many users think that the half wwiping feature was removed in the recent software update but this isn’t the case.
Many of Apple users rushed to Twitter to express their disappointment with this new update because they think that this feature is removed.
One of the reasons why half swipe is popular is because it offers users more time to respond to a message without really opening them.
The half swipe can still be used but now in a different way.
Using the Bitmoji in the chat window, you must swipe halfway to display the message and hold the Bitmoji.
Does Snapchat show people that the other person half swipe?
A half swipe on Snapchat is one way to read a message without sending a delivery notice, but the new version of the app seems to have deleted the feature.
When you do half swipe, the sender doesn’t get any notification that the chat was opened.
You need to swipe to the left when you receive a message from someone in the chat to read it.
Users quickly realize that you can read the message by half swiping, but it does not shows the sender that message has been read.
However, if the sender is smart he/she can know if you have read the message. It depends on whether the sender is smart enough to notice it or not.
This is because when you slide the message halfway it takes a timestamp of when you opened it halfway.
The bubble does not alter until you pull the screen to the left and you see the keyboard.
How to half-swipe on Snapchat new update 2021?
There are some easy ways to half-swipe on Snapchat with the new update.
Follw the steps below:
- First open the ‘Chat’ tab and locate the Snap you want to preview.
- Then, press and hold the Bitmoji tab on the left-hand side of the screen and slowly drag towards the right-hand edge.
- Do this till the full-screen chat goes and you fully open the message.
- You don’t have to fully open the message. You just need to preview it.
Here are other ways to half-swipe on Snapchat:
Method 1: Use Airplane mode
Using Airplane mode, you can do a half-swipe on Snapchat. Follow the steps below:
- First, you have to launch Snapchat on your device and go to the ‘Chat’ tab.
- Then, find the conversation which you want to half swipe.
- Next, simply pull down the Quick Settings panel from the top of the window. If you are an iPhone user, then pull down the quick settings from the top-right section on an iPhone and switch on the Airplane mode.
- Now, press and hold a contact’s Bitmoji and drag your thumb to the right to do the half-swipe.
Related : How to create 2 Snapchat account?
- Once you read the message, close the Snapchat app. Then, go to the quick settings again and turn off Airplane mode.
- Log in and you can see the message is still unopened.
Method 2: Install a pre-update version
You will be able to acquire the pre-update Snapchat application version easily if you are an Android user. To get the APK file, follow the steps below:
- First, go to APKMirror.com and search for “Snapchat” at the search bar of the window.
- Then, pick any pre-June version of the Snapchat app.
- Now, click on the ‘Download’ button to download the APK to your phone.
- Alternatively, you can simply click on the link below to go to the download page.
- Now, delete the current Snapchat version you’re running on your device before installing the old version.
- With the uninstallation out of the way, you are now ready to install the APK you downloaded off APKMirror.
- After the installation, you’ll have to make sure the app doesn’t update automatically like it usually does. Follow the steps below to prevent Snapchatt from auto-updating :
- Click the 3 dot key at the top-right corner of the screen when you’re on the Snapchat Play Store page.
- Now, uncheck the box next to the ‘Enable auto-update.’
Snapchat app will not be updated to a newer version automatically on your phone.
After applying one of these two methods, do a Half Swipe like you usually do.
Half-swipe is an unofficial function that permits the user to open a bit the conversation, without knowing the sender that the message has opened. Simply follow the methods above to perform a half-swipe on Snapchat.
before you go don’t forget to check this out
The growth-mindset kit made to help kids discover challenges with confidence.
packed with amazing worksheets, including ways to manage anxiety and helping children develop positive habits.