If you’re looking for some fun activity to do with your students then check out the middle school trivia questions below.
Trivia questions can be a great way to sharpen their mental skills. It is also a great ice-breaker activity.
The middle school trivia questions below will get students thinking hard about different subjects.
The trivia questions below can also be used for fun family game nights. We have covered various subjects like general knowledge trivia, geography, and science middle school trivia questions.
How to set up a trivia quiz for kids?
Firstly, you will need to have a list of questions prepared.
Then you need to decide the format of the quiz. For example, some trivia quizzes are multiple based questions.
For a good start, you need to know how to set up trivia. You can start by developing a list of your middle school trivia questions to ask and decide the format to use for the purpose.
Here are other things to consider to make trivia nights fun for kids:
- Use a paper and pencil or get a dry erase board for an exciting family game night so that the kids can write down their answers on the board.
- Create teams that take turns answering the questions. Have a steal option if a participant gets the answer wrong.
- Decide to give prizes, bonus points, and rewards for the right answers
- Also, it will be fun for your kids to play using technology like eggspirt. It comes with 6 colored buzzers that light up and flash. Kids love pushing the buzzers and get excited about the quizzes
Easy middle school trivia questions
You can use the middle school trivia questions below to boost your child’s general knowledge. Here are some easy middle school trivia questions:
- Question: How many holes are there in a full round of golf?
Answer: 18 holes
2. Question: Which city hosted the 2012 summer Olympic games?
Answer: London, England
3. Question: Which river flows through London?
Answer: The Thames
4. Question: What is the name of the Jungle Book bear?
5. Question: Which Italian city is famous for the leaning tower it has?
6. Question: Which state is called a volunteer state?
Related : Fun food trivia questions
7. Question: What do you call the color M in McDonald’s?
8. Question: Which animal’s fur is given Nutria?
9. Question: Which country’s largest is Tempere?
10. Question: How many colors do a rainbow has?
11. Question: Why do we use a thermometer?
Answer: To check Temperature
12. Question: What is the hardest natural substance?
13. Question: How many cents does a quarter has?
14. Questions: How many wheels are there in a tricycle?
15. Question: Which planet is biggest in a milky way?
Answer: The planet is bigger than earth.
16. Question: Where is the Eiffel tower?
Answer: Paris. France
17. Question: How many chambers do a human heart has?
18. Question: What marine life pulls King Triton’s chariot in the little mermaid?
19. Question: Who introduced Ice cream to France in the 16th century?
Answer: Catherine de’ Medici
20. Question: Who cut the American flag and was honored for it?
Answer: Rober Peary
21. Question: What was the name of ‘Lion king 2’?
Answer: Simba’s Pride
22. Question: In which year was the medal of honor conferred to Theodore Roosevelt?
Related : Check out this Trivia Questions For Kids
23. Question: Where was justin Bieber born?
Answer: Ontario, London
24. Question What is the largest mountain range in South America?
Answer: Angel Falls
25. Question: Which painter created the famous ‘’Mona Lisa’’?
Answer: Leonardo da Vinci
26. Question: Which is the fastest land animal?
27. Question: How tall is the great pyramid of giza?
Answer: 481 Feet
28. Question: Which year did the first ‘Guinness world records’’ book get published?
29. Question: What color of standard traffic light comes after green?
30. Question: Which city is known as Windy city?
31. Question: When you walk does your left arm swing with your right or left leg?
32. Question: What is the nickname of New York City?
Answer: Big Apple
33. Question Which part of the heart gets clogged and causes heart disease?
34. Question: What is the deepest point in great lakes?
Answer: Lake Superior
35. Question: Which is the longest river in the world?
Answer: The Nile
36. Question: Who was the first president of the united states?
Answer: George Washington
37. Question: Who was the first NFL draft player in 1936?
Answer: Jay Berwanger
Click here for more Trivia questions for kids :
38. Question: What are the primary colors?
Answer: Red, Blue, Green
39. Question: Who created the Hollywood sign?
Answer: Thomas Fisk Goff
40. Question: What was the name of the toy first advertised on TV?
Answer: Mr. Potato
41. Question: Where did the cowboy live 100 years ago?
Answer: On a cattle ranch
42. Question: How many bends are there in the standard paperclip?
43. Question: Which island did Julius Ceaser attack in 55BC?
44. Question: Which sweet food is made from filo pastry?
45. Question: Does Hermione die in the harry potter series?
Answer: The philosopher’s stone repairs her body and she gets back to life.
46. Question: Which is the longest river in the United Kingdom?
47. Question: When was the first Nobel prize awarded?
Answer: 10 December 1901
Hard middle school trivia questions
Below are some hard middle school trivia questions that will sharpen children’s mental skills and intelligence.
It will encourage them to think hard about the answers.
48. Question: Which is the loudest animal on earth?
Answer: The sperm whale.
49. Question: What do we call baby owls?
Related : 49 Riddles for teens
50. Question: What do we call the space between windows?
51. Question: Which parrot can not fly?
52. Question: Which colors are difficult to distinguish for colorblind people?
Answer: Red and green
53. Question: Who was the captain when the Titanic was sinking?
Answer: Edward Smith
54. Question: Who invented the thermostat?
Answer: Galileo Galilei
55. Question: Which country fought 7 wars in history?
Answer: Dominican Republic
56. Question: Which Indian Mausoleum was known as ‘’teardrop on the cheek of time’’?
Answer: The Taj Mahal
57. Question: Which is the oldest inhabited city in the world?
Answer: Damascus, Syria
58. Question: Which country has the most freshwater?
59. Question: How many earth could fit inside the sun?
Answer: 1.3 Million
60. Question: What’s the smallest bone in the human body?
61. Question: Where is medulla oblongata in the human body?
Answer: In the brain
62, Question: Which US state only borders one other?
63. Question: Is the Eiffel tower taller or the statue of liberty?
Answer: The Eiffel Tower
64. Question: What is the name of Eve’s third son?
65.Question: Which public figure died on Halloween in 1926?
Answer: Harry Houdini
Related : History Trivia questions
66. Question: Which country used the ‘’trick or treat’’ phrase for the first time?
67. Question: What was the fall festival activity did the Romans bring to Britain when they invaded?
Answer: Bobbing for apples
68. Question: Which singer was killed by his own father back in 1984?
Answer: Marvin Gaye
69. Question: Which singer was killed by his fan in New York?
Answer: John Lennon
70. Question: What is the real name of BONO?
Answer: Paul David Hewson
71. Question: What was the town of Jessica Mcclure, the baby in the well?
72. Question: Which mammal is capable of true flight?
73. Question: What is the size of a newborn Kangaroo?
Answer: Lima Bean
74. Question: How far can a wolf smell it’s prey?
Answer: 1.75 miles
75. Question: Which superstar married Sean Penn in 1985?
Middle school science trivia questions
We live in an exciting world surrouned with diverse forms of flora and fauna, natural beauty and landscapes.
There’s always something we can learn from our environment.
The middle school science trivia questions below will help your kids discover something new about physics, chemistry, and the world.
Following are the science trivia questions that are aimed at helping you boost your kid’s knowledge about science with fun fact quiz.
76. Question: What are the units of measurements of radioactive element activity?
Answer: The Becquerel
77. Question: What will you get on mixing all the colors together?
Related: General knowledge trivia
78. Question: What is the silver element symbol?
79. Question: How many patients did Thomas Edison filed alone?
80. Question: Which is the shortest magnet of the universe?
Answer: A neuron star
81. Question: What is the temperature of Venus?
Answer: 460 Degree Celsius
82. Question: What is the distance between the moon and earth?
Answer: 376, 600 Km.
83. Question: What is the hottest planet of the solar system?
84. Question: What is the temperature on Venus?
Answer: 460 Degree Celsius
85. Question: What is the opposite of matter called?
86. Question: How much salt does human body has?
Answer: 250 grams
87. Question: Why do bubbles burst?
Answer: Bubbles get dry from the air surrounding them
88. Question: How many bones are there in the human body?
Related : 100 fun questions for kids
89. Question: What is the use of a manometer?
Answer: Closed system pressure measuring
90. Question: Which organisms are called the oldest fossils?
Answer: Blue-green Algae
91. Question: What is a tomato, fruit, or vegetable?
92. Question: What percentage of AB negative blood is found in humans?
Answer: Less than 1 percent
93. Question: Which is the longest cell in the human body?
Answer: The neurons.
94. Question: Who invented the battery?
Answer: Alessandro Volta
95. Question: Where is pina located in the human body?
Answer: Outer ear.
Related : Ice-breaker questions for kids
96. Question: What is the human body temperature during digestion?
Answer: A little higher than normal
97. Question: What is the age of the earth?
Answer: 4.5 billion years
98. Question: Which planet rotates the fastest?
99. Question: How much pressure is required to convert graphite into a diamond?
Answer: 100,000 atmospheres
100. Question: What are nails made of?
101. Question: What do we call two holes of the human nose?
102. Question: What do we call the bones that make up the spine?
103. Question: What do we call the flow of blood from the heart to other parts of the body?
Middle school geography trivia questions
There is nothing more exciting than learning more about the world, countries and different continents.
This geography trivia questions below is a great source of entertainment for children that will bring new ideas to their mind.
It will also encourage them to do more research about different countries in the world along with its culture.
Let’s take a look at the following middle school geography trivia questions.
104. Question: Which city is situated on two continents?
Answer: Istanbul is located on the Asian and European continent
105. Question: Which countries have the longest border shared?
Answer: the United States of America and Canada
Related : Open-ended questions for kids
106. Question: The body of the Egyptian Sphinx was based on which animal?
107. Question: What is the capital of the United States?
Answer: Washington, D.C
108. Question: What shape is a stop sign?
109. Question: What job was Snow white assigned to perform by her stepmother?
Answer: Scullery Maid
110. Question: Which is the largest ocean in the world?
Answer: The pacific ocean.
8th-grade trivia questions & answers
Below are the latest trivia questions for 8th-grade students:
111. Question: What sweet food made by bees using nectar from flowers?
112. Question: What is the top red color in the rainbow?
113. Question: Which country gifted the liberty of statue?
114. Question: If you boil water you get
115. Question: How many days are in June?
Related : 151 question of the day for kids
7th grade trivia questions & answers
We have listed some of the best trivia questions for little minds. These 7th-grade middle school trivia questions & answers will make your kid think hard and brainstorm on the answers with their classmates.
116. Question: Which animated movie has made the most money of all time?
117. Question: Which member of one direction quit the band in 2015?
Answer: Zayn Malik
118. Question: Which company owns Xbox?
119. Question: What do thirteen top stripes on the flag of the USA represent?
Answer: The thirteen original colonies
We hope you have enjoyed the middle school trivia questions below.
Let us know which questions excite your students the most.
Before you go, don’t forget to check out the PERSONALISED growth-mindset kit you can use at home